Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

My videos from the 10-24-15 Good Fight

Given my recent successes at Kakuto, and sweeping the white division, BMac and I decided that it would be best if I competed in the blue belt division at the Good fight. Always up for a challenge, I entered gi and no gi, tweaked my knee in my first match, and had to pull out of the no gi. =(

First fight is an absolute war, which I win in quadruple overtime, a la EBI-esque rules.

Last edited by William Schrimsher; 10-27-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Second match. Not much to say, he was very patient and very technical, loss to Americana from mount. Guess I need to polish those mount escapes.

When I told this guy I was pulling out of the no gi, he hugged me, thanked me, and said "I couldn't have beat you again."

On finding out I'm a no stripe white belt, he hollered at BMac "Give this man a STRIPE!"

Losing this gave me second in the <170lbs Blue Belt Men's Gi, the guy I beat in my first match won gold, not really sure how that happened.

Last edited by William Schrimsher; 10-27-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Fourth match, lost again, mounted and submitted again.
    Kinda upset that I was unable to throw the guy in my second match, I took it out on this guy, and was a bit overzealous, you'll see a bad Harai Goshi that results in me almost getting my back taken at the beginning. At least I didn't get choked out off my throw, that would be embarrasing.

Last edited by William Schrimsher; 10-27-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    No video for third match, sad on that, because after I threw the guy and he got a concussion, while he was unable to see straight, he successfully defended my kimura attempts and then tapped me with a rolling inverted triangle. He couldn't see straight or comprehend that he had won when the ref pulled us apart.

Heck of a warrior, would love to rematch him when he can see straight, I bet he's a murderer.
    Last edited by William Schrimsher; 10-27-2015 at 02:01 PM.