Array

School
    Family Fight Team Petrovaradin (Luta Livre)

Blocked Lockdown Options

Hey guys, quick question here:

What are some the options you use when the guy triangles his legs or even just hides his foot (like sitting on his foot) to prevent you from securing a lockdown? This is assuming you don't yet have the underhook. He is usually also framing on your face with his forearm to make distance. I find this counter really annoying but people are starting to do this to me at my gym since I sweep a lot of guys from dogfight or with the electric chair.

When they do this, I either reset and play knee shield with a completely different game, or if they are overcommiting to the forearm frame, I will grab the wrong sinde under hook and hear control, like a prison guard, try to jam the arm as high as possible from right there and then without waiting, I insert the butterfly hook and sweep him to that side.

I'm wondering if there are any tricks to get the lockdown from this position that I am unaware of?

Thanks in advance!

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Stomp to cocoon.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Getting lockdowns is an art, there's a leg positioning battle going on. If they're hiding that foot good, yes, go to super stomp
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Getting lockdowns is an art, there's a leg positioning battle going on. If they're hiding that foot good, yes, go to super stomp
    Thanks for taking the time to reply Eddie, I really appreciate it

Does he leave himself open to some sort of sweep when he configures his legs like that?

I like attacking quarter guard when he is standing and then using the mini stomp to get the lockdown, but on some guys this has become quite difficult, so I am wondering if this overcommiting to defending the lockdown is leaving them open for something else.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Patience. I'll often attack the arms of my opponent, like with kimuras, then get lockdown when they forget about tucking that leg.

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    I actually go to a crappy deep half but I do this so I can actually use my opposite side hand to reach between my legs and actually pry it apart or pull my own leg up enough to get the lockdown. It's worked on upper belts and it helped we win silver at Ibjjf Worlds with an electric chair.

So basically instead of grabbing his leg for electric chair use it to help you get the leg free. Hope that helps you out like it has for me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Z Guard
    Super Stomp

Play with it

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    I go half/butterfly and bait the sweep. They either straighten the leg for me to get my lockdown or they give me full guard.

Array

School
    Carlos machado Shreveport Louisiana
    is that the lockdown force move that's in one of the warmups ?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by imported_scott View Post
    I actually go to a crappy deep half but I do this so I can actually use my opposite side hand to reach between my legs and actually pry it apart or pull my own leg up enough to get the lockdown. It's worked on upper belts and it helped we win silver at Ibjjf Worlds with an electric chair.

So basically instead of grabbing his leg for electric chair use it to help you get the leg free. Hope that helps you out like it has for me.

This is genius, and has worked out like a charm in my last training session. The arm that underhooked their leg is the one I used to grab their shin and pummel my leg in to play lockdown or a Lucas Leites style knee torque position. Very nice detail, thanks a lot man