Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07

Geo Marinez blocked from Worlds ???

I was just watching the Polaris 3 stream and the commentators said that Geo was blocked from competing in the IBJJF No-Gi Worlds for not having been a black belt long enough to qualify. Is this true ? That's some old bullish if true.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Just think how sick he'll be when they let him.

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    Ibjjf has a minimum standard at belt rank for black and Geo blew past those and was promoted ahead of their schedule so he was offered only brown belt level but I have heard he now meets requirements of black belt and can compete, I bel this was same for Boogey as well. Both I would assume will be dominating the no Gi worlds this year...

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Chapman View Post
    Ibjjf has a minimum standard at belt rank for black and Geo blew past those and was promoted ahead of their schedule so he was offered only brown belt level but I have heard he now meets requirements of black belt and can compete, I bel this was same for Boogey as well. Both I would assume will be dominating the no Gi worlds this year...
    Cool man... thanks for filling me in.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    It's still a huge headache for any 10th planet black belt to compete at NoGi worlds. The IBJJF doesn't recognize Eddie Bravo, so if any 10p black belt wants to compete they have to get registered under a different professor who is willing to let them do that and who is recognized by IBJJF. Then you have to pay a bunch of fees on top of your competition fees.

It's a huge joke. And you go through all of that just to support an organization which you don't want to support.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    It's not Eddie, it's anyone who doesn't pay the ~$600 "I am an IBJJF black belt" certificate. Mind you, one can pay ~$50 as a black belt to compete in IBJJF events, but in order to have the privilege of saying "so and so is a black belt" you have go through the ~$600 fee/registration/vouching/gouging procedure they do.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Register under Denny, he's a second degree black belt
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie