Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Mandrill MMA/10th Planet Ronin
    Most good instructors encourage there students to "explore". I tell my students all the time to test themselves else where. It would seem to me that its not they want you to "take" they are worried about what you might gain!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    That's not 10th Planet hate, that's just a bad instructor. I primarily trained with a Jeet Kune Do school and they loved me bringing in 10th Planet techniques. I'd catch them with something and the instructor would spend the next few days trying to come up with a counter. Good instructors welcome anything that can improve their class. Sounds like this place is insecure. Paragon would be the way to go. The deep half and the Homer Simpson sweep... should be a no brainer.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    they hate us cuz they anus

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon/Ronin
    I had a coach quit talking to me because I was cross training at a 10p moon. (I thought it was something else but, nah) I haven't been invited back to that gym. kinda sucks too because I liked him and he was very helpful. but it was like, train somewhere else and your out. no more time spent on you. I don't need to feel like that. I'm a grown-ass man. nobody owns me except my wife and kids. lol. so, I go to 10p as often as I can (its 2.5hrs away) and I'm saving up for mats so I can do some ronin stuff near home. I aked my moon head how he felt about me cross training occasionally and he said "cross training is awesome. you should do it any chance you get. you cant learn everything in one place." just one more reason I love the 10p community.

Array

School
    Fusion MMA Elgin IL, Pedro Sauer affiliate
    Without going into a lot of detail I had someone I believe intentionally injure me for wearing 10th planet gear. I went to a couple seminars and started really studying the system, had a larger very traditional blackbelt ((I was a I think 1 stripe blue belt at the time?)) grab a toe hold when he was frustrated, I let out a yelp as something kinda crunched and he kept going until that lovely chicken bones tearing apart sound. Can't remember the other ligament but had a tear on my ATFL and something else. Of course can't prove that's why it happened, could have been an accident, but man, it was pretty questionable. Ankle's never been right since. Made it a point to get a couple other 10P rashguards while rehabbing my ankle. Because, well, fuck that guy.

Array

School
    The world of Jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac Wilson View Post
    I had a coach quit talking to me because I was cross training at a 10p moon. (I thought it was something else but, nah) I haven't been invited back to that gym. kinda sucks too because I liked him and he was very helpful. but it was like, train somewhere else and your out. no more time spent on you. I don't need to feel like that. I'm a grown-ass man. nobody owns me except my wife and kids. lol. so, I go to 10p as often as I can (its 2.5hrs away) and I'm saving up for mats so I can do some ronin stuff near home. I aked my moon head how he felt about me cross training occasionally and he said "cross training is awesome. you should do it any chance you get. you cant learn everything in one place." just one more reason I love the 10p community.
    It's weird how people think they can tell grown individuals how to be. I've had a similar experience. Just because I'm relatively new to Jiu Jitsu doesn't mean I don't have any past experience with martial art, and even if that was the case, there are other ways to relate information than "we won't speak to you now because you're interested in developing yourself in a fashion that's interesting to you. You have to do it exactly like us". Bunch of bull. Yup. One is better off surrounding themselves with people who support them, no matter where they're at.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    I don't think 10th Planet hate is strong at all, human hate will always be up there as one of life's oddities. Has hate ever achieved anything positive?

Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    I don't think 10th Planet hate is strong at all, human hate will always be up there as one of life's oddities. Has hate ever achieved anything positive?
    Well it made Luke Skywalker powerful (according to the emperor)

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    How can there be love with no hate? Do hate and fear not define love, by being their opposite? Yin and Yang.

Array

School
    Brazil-021 Jacksonville
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrell Garcia View Post
    Personally speaking, that is not an atmosphere I would want to be around. Especially in today's day and age of information, if you think your teaching some secret unknown technique and therefore, don't want anyone to "steal/share" it, than you are the definition of ignorant/misguided. And, honestly probably not that good. IMO, if ANY inscructor (no matter the affiliation and including my 10th planet family), frowned upon cross training, I wouldn't be apart of that gym.
    So much this. I am so thankful for my gym and my area. Being in a military town, we have the luxury of training with folks who have traveled all over the place. We get to see a lot of different looks in the jiu jitsu sense and it is absolutely amazing. We don't care who you affiliate with or what style you prefer. Good training is good training regardless of the politics that people try to inject into the lifestyle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12