Array

School
    Watkins TKD and BJJ Arlington TX

looking to change my style

Hey guys, getting back to the mats again after about 8 months off. Would like to focus top game guard passes and start working single leg X. Any links or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Array

School
    RMNU / flowhouse bjj
    a lot of great stuff related to those topics covered by MG on youtube.

some people would call it "basic", but if you watch his competition footage, it's very very effective.

standing step pass (variations)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61BH9zLZct0

1x guard entry + sweep
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rux8Qf9eskE

Rafa Mendes for standing passing. Marcelo Garcia mainly for smash passing and x-guard. Keep in mind I'm being very general.

I mean if you wanna learn 1 leg x Marcelo Garcia is the resource for you (mginaction.com). You might as well just check him out for passing too. I would say check out Rafa Mendes for standing passing but they deleted their years worth of videos on the website and started over so honestly I'd recommend Braulio Estima (estimainaction.com)

Array

School
    Watkins TKD and BJJ Arlington TX
    Exactly what I was looking for thank you

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Barbara
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    I mean if you wanna learn 1 leg x Marcelo Garcia is the resource for you (mginaction.com). You might as well just check him out for passing too. I would say check out Rafa Mendes for standing passing but they deleted their years worth of videos on the website and started over so honestly I'd recommend Braulio Estima (estimainaction.com)
    100% agree. My standing pass game is heavily influenced by the mendes brothers (two step, leg drags, back step, etc). I also like Galvao's stuffing preasure style: low heavy preasure on the hips and burrying the head into the chest/sturnam with a modified double under/over under control.