Thread: Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum but I plan on being very active, so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. My name is Ignacio Martialay, and I'm a brown belt in Hapkido. Now, I know everyone will be thinking "yep another one of those guys who does some weird martial art in which they do poorly-executed armbars", but actually our school doesn't rely on old-school forms and "self-defense" techniques. Instead, when I have to tell someone about my school, I say that, in a nutshell, it's like MMA but we also wear a gi.

Here's a video from our school in case you want to see what we do: https://youtu.be/0nKYZwmZlLk

I just wanted to give everyone in the 10th Planet System (especially to Eddie, of course) a huge thank you for what you guys have developed. My ground game was never too good and I was continuously getting destroyed on the floor until I looked for solutions on the internet and found this system. I bought Mastering the Rubber Guard and started beating everyone back at my school. Once I incorporated stuff from Mastering the Twister and Advanced Rubber Guard I was f****ng everyone so badly that even the black belts started asking me to show them these techniques. I was so eager to try all this new stuff on "pure bjj guys" that I visited some nearby bjj schools and managed to fight them on equal terms (though groundwork is only about 25% of our game) and tap people up to black belts.

Of course, they started being able to stop me, so I delved deeper into the 10th Planet System and found this forum, the Mastering the System series, the Warmups, Leg Lock academy and so many more things. Now I'm always a step ahead .

I hope one day I'll be able to establish a Moon or a Hotbox in Madrid. I'm trying to turn my Christmas vacation into a trip to HQ. For now I hope you guys will help me improve my game, and I'll make sure to provide the insight that I've gotten from using the system on a daily basis.

Cheers!