Thread: Maia vs. Condit

Maia vs. Condit

What are your thoughts on the fight?

For me it was bittersweet. The fight left me kinda sad and happy at the same time. Happy, because Maia won, sad, because Condit lost, especially, because he lost so fast. I love both guys. But yeah, Maia's performance was as great as always.

Also, who else agrees with me that WW is the best weight class in the UFC? It's kinda sad that Rory leaves, but it's still crazily competitive, especially with Diaz and GSP returning.

Amazing to see Maia execute a perfect game plan. Agreed to see Condit lose blows since he is one of my favorite fighters. Still can't believe Maia can keep submitting dudes at will like has the past couple of fights.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Outstanding fight. I feel you on the bittersweet part, mainly cuz I think Condit was being super hard on himself at the press conference. I remember his fight with Johnny Hendricks where I'm pretty sure he lost by decision, but displayed some nice jiujitsu in the process. He may be a victim of his own expectations, getting completely schooled in an area he considers to be a strong suit. Sure it might be, but then look at how Jake Shields was able to win a decision over Maia a while back. Shields absolutely would not allow Maia to play his game. It's easy to judge from the sidelines and say Condit could've done this or could've done that, but you gotta believe it's emotional for him to lose so quickly. He's 32 and Maia is 38, so Condit ought to have some gas in the tank if he doesn't doubt himself. What I love most about Maia though is that he's not trying to beat you with anything else other than his Jiu Jitsu. That's what make him special in my eyes.

The mutual respect both have for each other, well, all three actually if you count Wonderboy aswell, that's exactly how it should be. Great martial artists, great humans.

Array

School
    Integrated MMA Brisbane, Australia
    Definitely feel the bittersweet feeling from this fight as Condit is one of my all time favourite fighters but watching Maia work on the ground is something to behold. He looked unstoppable in that fight - an absolutely flawless victory. Condit will bounce back. I want them to put Maia in for a title shot again to see if he can get the job done this time. His striking has come a long way and he just seems so comfortable in there now and I don't see anyone out-grappling him.