Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combat EBI

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    They count as points. 3 points for every palm strike that lands flush, 1 point for partial palms. #palmpoints :-)
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Now I'm confused. There are points, but also a non-striking overtime?
    If they end in a draw with no submission, they go to regular EBI OT.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmarkov View Post
    If they end in a draw with no submission, they go to regular EBI OT.
    Ok so if one guy is threatening submission after submission and dominating his opponent but does not achieve submission, but the other guy has thrown a couple partial palm strikes, guy #2 wins?

Sounds a little weird if the only way to score points is strikes. If there are points shouldn't we have points for attempted submissions and positional control as well?

I'm going to stay open-minded and just wait to see what happens. Can't wait!

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Ok so if one guy is threatening submission after submission and dominating his opponent but does not achieve submission, but the other guy has thrown a couple partial palm strikes, guy #2 wins?

Sounds a little weird if the only way to score points is strikes. If there are points shouldn't we have points for attempted submissions and positional control as well?

I'm going to stay open-minded and just wait to see what happens. Can't wait!
    I believe you are missing the sarcasm....
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

chris miah

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    The plan is to keep the 16 man regular EBI rules format and run a 4 man Cjj tournament in between the rounds of the 16 man tourney. So basically the 3 girl special matches that we have been running along side the 16 man tourney will be replaced with Cjj.

The first event in 2017 will debut this new format. The 4 man Cjj tourney will be in the bantamweight division featuring 10p Bethlehem instructor JM Holland.

Note: as long as 1 person is grounded open palm strikes to the front of the head will be allowed. No striking at all in the OT rounds tho.
    Bantamweights sound fun, if you need someone from across the pond

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Campagnola View Post
    I believe you are missing the sarcasm....
    Well now I feel stupid.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    It will be interesting to see if there are more submissions within regular time with palm strikes or without. Do palm strikes make it easier to setup and finish submissions as well as stop counters to submissions?

Array

School
    10th planet Omaha
    I'm in no gi or combat bjj I'm in sighn me up I love everything eddie is doing and I wanna participate!!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    It will be interesting to see if there are more submissions within regular time with palm strikes or without. Do palm strikes make it easier to setup and finish submissions as well as stop counters to submissions?
    Palm strikes should make submissions easier but that depends on the style of BJJ you are playing, we're gonna find out tho. But one thing is for certain, it will make EBI Jiu Jitsu a "little" more realistic and who knows, maybe the palm strikes will make the show a little more entertaining as well
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Can we get Jake Sheilds in for combat jiu jitsu??? and AJ Agazarm for that matter.

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    Can we get Jake Sheilds in for combat jiu jitsu??? and AJ Agazarm for that matter.
    I'm pretty sure we've seen that already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast