arm triangle escapes/counters

a guy from my newjits school competes in the premier mma organization in south africa , efc ... please dont get confused by the phonetic similarity ... over here we are still learning about mma and our standard still has a long way to improve.

This guy fought a guy for the title and got submitted as follows ( his opponent is a african and commonwealth wrestling champion)our guy stung the ooponent with a sharp jab , the wrestler shot . our guy sprawled off to the side the wrestler recovered to a kind of high crotch type wrestling take down ... stood up and was in a type of standing arm triangle he climbed onto our guy and started taking his back ..our guy rolled the wrestler by now had his back and submitted with a modified r n c

nice story ... the question is , besides the telephone.. hand on your ear which is not that effective imho and thumbilina type defense . the only other arm triangle defense i know is to rock your leg up grab it sit up and scoot out or sweep your opponent

Does any one have any other defense counter escape other than don't be arm triangled ??

Thanks

Greg

Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf
    You can either try to follow the enemys legs with you own and get him into lockdown, so you can pull him down to your legs and he can't pressure your neck. Another option is to do a backroll, wich leads to an kimura-like position of the enemys choking arm. The last thing i know (but haven't tested) is an explosive double-elbow strike to the ground. This may be not the finest thing to do, but i think it could save your ass

Hope i could help,
    Anton

Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf
    Here is a vid of the backroll escape :
    http://www.watchbjj.com/technique/katagatame-defense/
    Kurt Osiander shows another option: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGa...s&spfreload=10
    it kind of derives from the telephone defense
    Have fun with it