Array

School
    Combat Cuddlers Greifswald (Ronin)

Ham Sandwich to Twister Variation

Hey guys

been hitting lately a twister variation from the ham sandwich..and was wondering how do we call it in the System?

Would like to show it in a video..but I don't have a youtube channel. Is there a way to post it from my computer or smartphone?

But anyway..the move is basically..you go the ham sandwich but instead of sweeping your opponent on his back..you go under his leg..(like when you do the electric chair)..to get to his back while he is on his stomach (still with the calf crush position) and roll over...control the arm (baseball grip) and then do a twister /calf crush variation.

I like to do this move instead of the sweep cause I don't like to let go of the calf crush position.

Hope you could follow me

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikita Günter View Post
    Hey guys

been hitting lately a twister variation from the ham sandwich..and was wondering how do we call it in the System?

Would like to show it in a video..but I don't have a youtube channel. Is there a way to post it from my computer or smartphone?

But anyway..the move is basically..you go the ham sandwich but instead of sweeping your opponent on his back..you go under his leg..(like when you do the electric chair)..to get to his back while he is on his stomach (still with the calf crush position) and roll over...control the arm (baseball grip) and then do a twister /calf crush variation.

I like to do this move instead of the sweep cause I don't like to let go of the calf crush position.

Hope you could follow me
    At the end there, have you tried getting a gable around his waist or even an over under like the back and the using your legs to slide his knee away on the matt as you hip in? That, in my experience, is the easiest way to finish from that position, rather than using baseball bat control which puts you a little to much to the side to hip in properly for a calf crank finish and is ALLOT hard grip to get than the other two I listed. You might or might not can get a neck crank out of what your doing, but its not going to be nearly as easy on a good guy as the grips that are way closer like gable around the waist.

Array

School
    Brian thats a good point..I forgot to mention the part with the gable around his waist..its usally my go to..the twister part is only my last submission attempt if the calf crank does not work..but yeah your right..its harder to finish.
    Thanks for your reply

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Instagram bro. You can film up to 60 seconds.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Not the same transition, but its related.

Here is Jeff one of my blue belts turning a shin to shin ashi entry into a ham sandwich into a Olivera Crush (rear knee crush) in his superfight last month. He also won submission of the night with it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMeI01Lj...thechrisherzog
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    @ Kurzy thanks for the info...guess I have to start using Installation

@ Chris..that was an awesome match and a beautiful crush!!! Sometimes when the other guy don't know what your aiming for..you can also get it from a kneereaping position when they try to roll out..but you have to be fast and secure the ankle...before they get out!!! By the way Chris..I like your commitment...for the community..always replying and helping out )