Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    (even though I didn't realize the Crucifix was considered a "DeadZone")
    Sidebar from the current spirit of the thread:

It amazes me to see how many people don't consider the crucifix a deadzone. It mindboggles me. It befuddles me. Go train with Clark Gracie or someone with a comparable crucifix and tell me it isn't a dead zone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    Sidebar from the current spirit of the thread:

It amazes me to see how many people don't consider the crucifix a deadzone. It mindboggles me. It befuddles me. Go train with Clark Gracie or someone with a comparable crucifix and tell me it isn't a dead zone.
    He'll yeah it's a legit dead zone Barret Yoshida is a savage from there. 10th Planet Ann Arbor black belt Adlai Cleveland has taught 2 crucifix seminars at my gym. He's the man in 10p to seek out about the crucifix, has some serious black magic from there.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    He'll yeah it's a legit dead zone Barret Yoshida is a savage from there. 10th Planet Ann Arbor black belt Adlai Cleveland has taught 2 crucifix seminars at my gym. He's the man in 10p to seek out about the crucifix, has some serious black magic from there.
    What exactly qualifies as a deadzone? I assume its different in OT rules? In Eddie's Mastering the Twister DVD, he only names off a few of them. He says Spiderweb, the Truck, Back, and (I could be mistaken here) I thought he said mount was a dead zone. But he didn't say the crucifix was a deadzone in that DVD (that I am sure), although I agree it should be.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    What exactly qualifies as a deadzone? I assume its different in OT rules? In Eddie's Mastering the Twister DVD, he only names off a few of them. He says Spiderweb, the Truck, Back, and (I could be mistaken here) I thought he said mount was a dead zone. But he didn't say the crucifix was a deadzone in that DVD (that I am sure), although I agree it should be.
    Invisible collar is a dead zone.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    What exactly qualifies as a deadzone?
    A dead zone is a point in the fight that if both guys do everything right, the guy on offense should win 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    A dead zone is a point in the fight that if both guys do everything right, the guy on offense should win 100% of the time.
    Thank you for clarifying, so is the mount considered a deadzone officially? In MtT dvd, Eddie says it is, has that changed?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thank you for clarifying, so is the mount considered a deadzone officially? In MtT dvd, Eddie says it is, has that changed?
    Mount is not a dead zone. However, the Chopping Block (the pre-arm triangle position) from mount is a dead zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Mount is not a dead zone. However, the Chopping Block (the pre-arm triangle position) from mount is a dead zone.
    Oh Ok, I think I got it now... I was just confused because in Eddies MTT dvd, he only said there were 4 deadzones.. Back, Truck, Spider Web, and Mount... Just watched the whole dvd again this morning.. Is the chopping block with the knee on the chest (like the impaler)?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Oh Ok, I think I got it now... I was just confused because in Eddies MTT dvd, he only said there were 4 deadzones.. Back, Truck, Spider Web, and Mount... Just watched the whole dvd again this morning.. Is the chopping block with the knee on the chest (like the impaler)?
    No just the pre-arm triangle position from mount, the track stance (knee on belly or chest/implaler) is after you have the arm triangle secured.

There are other dead zones too. The vice grip position is a dead zone. The arm-in guillotine/front headlock position is a dead zone. The honey hole position or outside ashi positions would both be dead zones. Anything where you wold have to fuck up pretty bad to not get a submission is a dead zone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234