Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Cody MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Those photos looked fake to me too. Not to mention how low res they were.

Why wouldn't we have super-ultra-high-res pics of earth? Like 10,000 pixels by 10,000 pixels?
    I don't have an answer but I would assume it is because we can explore the earth itself physically. Would it be wise to spend a minimum of $50 million to send up a satellite with camera that was specifically designed to photograph the earth in hi res?Usually satellites are designed with a specific mission in mind and a lot of planning goes into the size limitations of the launch vehicle and the power consumption of every piece of equipment on board. I feel like the flat earth debate will continue until some of the rich doubters get on board a space-x flight and see for themselves. I wonder if flat earther's will believe at that point?

Most of the imaging satellites that are taking pictures for google earth now probably have small field of views to get the desired resolution and that would make "compositioning" the images a necessary evil to form the big picture.

There are what I believe are pictures that make sense, given the particular mission of the satellites taking them on the site I posted. I also do agree that there are some people editing photos unnecessarily which is a credible cause for doubt and confusion, but I think that is a case of bad marketing and not bad science.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Harris View Post
    So you looked at the site I linked and determined that every photo there was photoshopped or completely faked, even though none come from NASA and many are from recent missions from countries that would have no reason to "go-along" with the lies told by NASA?
    All the footage from all the space agencies is fake as f*@k. Here's the earth rise from the Japanese space agency which is clearly cgi. Take note that the earth looks like it's the same size as the moon would be from earth.

Array

School
    Now look at this footage from NASA (which looks fake as f*#k) supposedly from taken with a 4 megapixel camera from a million miles away, like that could happen. The problem is perspective. If you were on the moon the earth would fill the whole sky. It wouldn't be the size of the moon from earth like in the Japanese footage above.

Array

School
    Adrenaline MMA, Cheltenham VIC Australia
    Hey Jason, just because you say it looks fake does not make it so. What we need here is evidence.

Array

School
    Adrenaline MMA, Cheltenham VIC Australia
    Another thing that helps conversations and arguments is directly responding to questions and statements. So again, why would every single country in the world continue to lie to their people? Why do 99.99% of students, teachers and scientists working in the fields of astrophysics and physics believe the earth is round? Why would NASA, a company will legit billions of dollars put out photos that "look so fake" if they have the money to create very real looking photos? What is NASA doing with the money they are getting? Why does the guy doing the photoshops keep the lie going? How much could they possibly be paying him to keep such a secret?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Hewson View Post
    Hey Jason, just because you say it looks fake does not make it so. What we need here is evidence.
    That may be true but what about the perspective. That is evidence. The earth cannot be the size of the moon in one video and fill the whole sky in the next and accurately portray reality.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Hewson View Post
    Another thing that helps conversations and arguments is directly responding to questions and statements. So again, why would every single country in the world continue to lie to their people? Why do 99.99% of students, teachers and scientists working in the fields of astrophysics and physics believe the earth is round? Why would NASA, a company will legit billions of dollars put out photos that "look so fake" if they have the money to create very real looking photos? What is NASA doing with the money they are getting? Why does the guy doing the photoshops keep the lie going? How much could they possibly be paying him to keep such a secret?
    I don't know why they fake ish but it's clear that they do. Hey man... I'm not your enemy. But the images are clearly fake.

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Now look at this footage from NASA (which looks fake as f*#k) supposedly from taken with a 4 megapixel camera from a million miles away, like that could happen. The problem is perspective. If you were on the moon the earth would fill the whole sky. It wouldn't be the size of the moon from earth like in the Japanese footage above.
    I'm actually surprised with how big the earth looks, when you look at a to scale diagram they are pretty far away from each other.

earth-with-moon.jpg

I do think it's possible to take a shot like that considering how far away the satellite is. For reference earth to moon = 238,900~ miles, earth to satellite = 1,000,000~ miles away.

For example, the sun in the photo below looks way too big compared to the man, but that's because the photographer was disproportionately far (1.5 miles) away

article-2167595-13E3A2A1000005DC-581_964x751.jpg

Taking that into consideration I do think the scale is realistic. if scientists at NASA were gonna fake a photo I don't think they would mess up something as simple as perspective, though I agree the photos look pretty wack. I think it's because we don't usually see that side of the moon, it's very strange to look at
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Michael Percival; 03-25-2017 at 01:54 AM.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Percival View Post
    I'm actually surprised with how big the earth looks, when you look at a to scale diagram they are pretty far away from each other.

I do think it's possible to take a shot like that considering how far away the satellite is. For reference earth to moon = 238,900~ miles, earth to satellite = 1,000,000~ miles away.

For example, the sun in the photo below looks way too big compared to the man, but that's because the photographer was disproportionately far (1.5 miles) away

Taking that into consideration I do think the scale is realistic. if scientists at NASA were gonna fake a photo I don't think they would mess up something as simple as perspective, though I agree the photos look pretty wack. I think it's because we don't usually see that side of the moon, it's very strange to look at
    I hear you but it doesn't matter if I've ever seen pictures from the dark side of the moon or not it doesn't affect perspective. The earth can't be the size of the moon from the moon in one video and fill the sky in another. No atmospheric condition, photogenic or any other 'explanation' can account for it.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Percival View Post

On top of that, the picture of the boy in front of the Solar eclipse is fake as f#@K. The sun is suppose to be 400 times the distance away from the earth that the moon is which is why they appear to be the same size in the sky. During a solar eclipse the moon is suppose to perfectly cover the sun with only the corona of the sun visible. But in the pic you posted the sun is clearly larger than the moon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast