Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Array

School
    Adrenaline MMA, Cheltenham VIC Australia
    Again you can not state something is fake without proof.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Hewson View Post
    Again you can not state something is fake without proof.
    Michael, if you can't trust your own eyes and logic then I can't help you. Love you tho !

Array

School
    You can't trust your own eyes at all. 100% you should not trust your own eyes. Also you logic is not something to be trusted either, have you never been wrong before? That is why we must trust experts and take in other peoples opinions and other people's eyes and logic.

Also the logic has to be 100% sound, it can not be kinda sound or make a little bit of sense. I am telling you right now the world being flat is not based on sound logic.

Array

School
    You can't trust your own eyes at all. 100% you should not trust your own eyes. Also you logic is not something to be trusted either, have you never been wrong before? That is why we must trust experts and take in other peoples opinions and other people's eyes and logic.

Also the logic has to be 100% sound, it can not be kinda sound or make a little bit of sense. I am telling you right now the world being flat is not based on sound logic.
    If that's what you believe then the title of the song below says it all for me.

Array

School
    How big is North America ? In 1997 it's barely 1/4 of the northern hemisphere but in 2012 it's almost the whole northern hemisphere ?

Array

School
    Again, my man, that does not prove the earth is flat. For this to go anywhere you need to disprove that the earth is round.

Array

School
    Again, my man, that does not prove the earth is flat. For this to go anywhere you need to disprove that the earth is round.
    Dude... philosophically and logically you can't disprove anything, all you can do is prove something to be true. According to the official measurements given by 'science' the curvature of the earth is supposedly 8 inches times the mile squared around a globe supposed to be 25,000 miles in circumference. If the official numbers are true then you should not be able to see Chicago, Illinois from Warren Woods State Park, Michigan which is 75 miles away. According to the numbers Chicago should be 1000 ft. below the 'curvature' of the earth but on a clear day Chicago can clearly be seen from Warren Woods State Park.

They try to say that this is a mirage which is nonsense because a mirage image always appears upside down with the actual image above it right side up. We've all seen this in the summer time on a hot day on the road. Seeing Chicago from Michigan is proof the earth is flat. I know it hurts because it hurt me too when I finally looked at the stupidity of the flat earth but you can't deny the facts. The earth is flat as f#@k.

Array

School
    By the way... mirages disprove both theories of relativity. The speed of light is not constant... but I digress.

Array

School
    http://undsci.berkeley.edu/teaching/...ptions.php#b11

Here is an excerpt from the above webpage:

MISCONCEPTION: Science can only disprove ideas.

CORRECTION: This misconception is based on the idea of falsification, philosopher Karl Popper's influential account of scientific justification, which suggests that all science can do is reject, or falsify, hypotheses — that science cannot find evidence that supports one idea over others. Falsification was a popular philosophical doctrine — especially with scientists — but it was soon recognized that falsification wasn't a very complete or accurate picture of how scientific knowledge is built. In science, ideas can never be completely proved or completely disproved. Instead, science accepts or rejects ideas based on supporting and refuting evidence, and may revise those conclusions if warranted by new evidence or perspectives.

So I will say this, there is not enough evidence to accept the idea of a flat earth, nor is there enough evidence to disprove a round earth.

Now I will ask you this, if I disprove your theory about the chicago skyline being evidence of a flat earth, will you concede that the earth is round?

Also, lets talk about the dangers of trolling on this issue. What many people do not think of is the damage that is being done by spreading an idea you know to be false. Imagine someone who is not as bright as you, imagine you convince them that the earth is flat and that the government is lying to them. Now think about how they now see the world, a world you constructed in their mind. Now they do not trust their fellow man, now they do not trust science. And now when they vote for our leaders and our future they do so with bogus information.

Imagine for a second telling a mentally retarded man that the earth was flat and everyone has been lying to him. Can you see how cruel that is? I am being serious when I say this, spreading lies and confusing the weak minded is super messed up.

Sure maybe you are not trolling right now and you are serious, but I would wager that you know better and I would wager that most people who say the earth is flat know better too.

Array

School
    http://undsci.berkeley.edu/teaching/...ptions.php#b11

Here is an excerpt from the above webpage:

MISCONCEPTION: Science can only disprove ideas.

CORRECTION: This misconception is based on the idea of falsification, philosopher Karl Popper's influential account of scientific justification, which suggests that all science can do is reject, or falsify, hypotheses — that science cannot find evidence that supports one idea over others. Falsification was a popular philosophical doctrine — especially with scientists — but it was soon recognized that falsification wasn't a very complete or accurate picture of how scientific knowledge is built. In science, ideas can never be completely proved or completely disproved. Instead, science accepts or rejects ideas based on supporting and refuting evidence, and may revise those conclusions if warranted by new evidence or perspectives.

So I will say this, there is not enough evidence to accept the idea of a flat earth, nor is there enough evidence to disprove a round earth.

Now I will ask you this, if I disprove your theory about the chicago skyline being evidence of a flat earth, will you concede that the earth is round?
    I'm not trolling... I have questions. Both sides of the issue should put forth evidence. I thought it would be so easy to prove the globe earth. First of all there are all the pictures of earth from space. Then there's the curvature of the earth and things going over the horizon line. Also people have circumnavigated the globe. But the more I look into it and think about the establishments explanations for things the less I believe in the globe.

As far as the Chicago skyline I'm sure there is an establishment explanation about weather conditions or mirages of something but this phenomenon is being seen, recorded and tested by people literally all over the world now. Ever instance is a mirage ? The conditions for light to bend around the curvature of the earth is happening everywhere all the time ? I don't buy it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast