Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    breathmindphysineurology-awareness
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    There is no measurable curvature to the earth.
    you could always go look for yourself, too. I'll bet everyone joking about crowdfunding shooting eddie up there would be ok with eddie putting someone he trusts in his place, and then you guys can have your empirical evidence then when they come back and say son of a bitch, its actually curved you have someone you trust who said it.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Coonehh View Post
    you could always go look for yourself, too. I'll bet everyone joking about crowdfunding shooting eddie up there would be ok with eddie putting someone he trusts in his place, and then you guys can have your empirical evidence then when they come back and say son of a bitch, its actually curved you have someone you trust who said it.
    That video is shot with a wide angle 'fish eye' lens which will show the earth as both convex and concave. Video shot without a wide angle lens will show the earth as flat. Science says the curve of the earth can be seen at 40,000 feet. The video below was shot at 120,000 feet... no curve.

Array

School
    That video is shot with a wide angle 'fish eye' lens which will show the earth as both convex and concave. Video shot without a wide angle lens will show the earth as flat. Science says the curve of the earth can be seen at 40,000 feet. The video below was shot at 120,000 feet... no curve.
    that was not an evidentiary submission, man - it was here's how you can go see and a suggestion that the collective craziness of everyone that knows about this is sufficient to crowdfund sending someone eddie trusts to go up there and view for themselves, for all of yous that are on slightly shaky ground on this one, that the earth is indeed curved. I already said my piece about it violating the standard model of physics, so I dont really feel I need to go any further.

no bullshit, no trusting anyone you dont trust, no potential for someone being tricked by optics. good ol empiricism. I just hope that there isnt an argument about that person's eyes being tricked afterward if it winds up happening

And we know the optics of this video camera how?
    Scientific method means carrying out numerous experiments. This isn't even an experiment.

Why don't you link the FULL unedited video from "Little Piggy Flat Earth"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbtXZm_BPe8

Explanation here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/flatearth/c...balloon_video/

Obviously, posting the "Little Piggy" videos video IS A CONSPIRACY to attempt to spread lies and misinformation.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by SebG View Post
    And we know the optics of this video camera how?
    Scientific method means carrying out numerous experiments. This isn't even an experiment.

Why don't you link the FULL unedited video from "Little Piggy Flat Earth"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbtXZm_BPe8

Explanation here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/flatearth/c...balloon_video/

Obviously, posting the "Little Piggy" videos video IS A CONSPIRACY to attempt to spread lies and misinformation.
    I don't know man... Here's uncut footage. Looks flat to me.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    it provides ways to describe phenomena, (and more importantly) ways to predict phenomena.
    /\
    Fantastic post Coonehh. I have similar opinions to your own. In fact prediction is the way I fell into the round Earth camp myself. Using the Flat Earth models to predict how the sun and moon would work let me to believe those models fail to predict the most basic and obvious observations we can make about them. Round Earth, on the other hand, does a very good job.

I also agree with you on the atmospheric optics. Some random dude sitting on a boat with his gopro is a far cry from hard scientific evidence gathered in strictly controlled environments by professional scientists.

When I look at all the arguments on both sides, one side seems overwhelmingly better at explaining and predicting observable phenomena than the other. So that's the camp I find myself in. I can only suspect that other people who have done the same thing are either less capable of applying logic, reason, and basic math to their observations as I am, or they are incredulous. I'm pretty smart, but I'm still really stupid, and so I suspect it's mostly the latter.

When I began examining this subject the question of "is it round or flat" was very interesting to me. After plumbing the depths of that subject and coming away pretty well convinced, I find myself fascinated by a different question:

How can so many people look at the two models and come away thinking it's Flat? What is the source of this incredulousness?

I find it bizarre that some people can look into the information on building-7 and come away thinking that was fires. Equally bizarre to me is how people can look into Flat Earth and come away believing that.

Do you have any thoughts as to why this happens?

Array

School
    shee iee, eh? Infiltration efforts are well enough known, and its only to discredit questioning more timely issues - but ultimately, is entirely focused on protecting the counterfeiting racket. Everything is to protect the very tiny number of people's fraudulent "ownership" of certain things, and the only thing that makes sense of trump donning the purple tie and bombing syria and kicking the nk beehive in my mind is a sword of damocles held over every man woman and child in the country, unfortunately.

shee iee, eh? Infiltration efforts are well enough known, and its only to discredit questioning more timely issues - but ultimately, is entirely focused on protecting the counterfeiting racket. Everything is to protect the very tiny number of people's fraudulent "ownership" of certain things, and the only thing that makes sense of trump donning the purple tie and bombing syria and kicking the nk beehive in my mind is a sword of damocles held over every man woman and child in the country, unfortunately.
    I see, so Trump is the reason that the Earth is flat!

In other news, basketballs are also FLAT.

http://imgur.com/n57E7zU

You can still see the curve of that basket ball.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by SebG View Post
    I see, so Trump is the reason that the Earth is flat!

In other news, basketballs are also FLAT.

http://imgur.com/n57E7zU
    lol, nothing to do with trump, this con has been in the works for hundreds of years, bro. but my first reference was ushered into existence by none other than prescott bush and his fellow nazi collaborators.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast