Jason

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Where in wi

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Hey Jason. Why don't you start by listing your full name on the forum so people can see who is making the request. Next I'd recommend getting to somewhere like HQ to get to know some guys in person and then ask Eddie if he could recommend one of them for you to pitch an opportunity too.

No one is going to move to a different state to teach at a gym your trying to open without knowing you. Go make some friends in the system and then discuss what you have to offer them.

This isn't me being mean, this is real advice, look at it from the coaches point of view.

Hope this helped in some way!

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    No one is going to move to a different state to teach at a gym your trying to open without knowing you. Go make some friends in the system and then discuss what you have to offer them.
    To that note, for yourself it'd be good to know who you'd potentially be doing business with. You wouldn't want to have someone come out and start teaching, then find out they're actually a jerk in class or off the mats, isn't as good as they said they were, or end up skipping town and taking students with them. Like Brian said, this is just love and advice (just hard to convey tone properly online).

Look forward to hearing your responses!!...

I really appreciate your responses. My full name is Jason Smith.

@Brian; I will check out HQ and def ask Eddie if he has recommendations. I completely agree with you on someone not going to move and team up without getting to know me. I will try to create friends in the system. I appreciate you giving me this advice, This helps me a lot.

@Herb; Couldn't agree more. This is why I want to be apart of 10thPlanetJJ because the people like you guys.. the willingness to help someone you don't even know.. all love and advice..

@Stan; Depending on the location, I am hoping to be around Milwaukee area give or take a 3-5 miles of city.

To give a little bit about me-
    My name is Jason Smith.. I grew up in Eagle River Alaska. I am 35 years old and have been in Alaska since I was 1 years old. I am married with 2 daughters, Norah is 3 and Jolene is 5 months old. Family is very important to me. I am excited for my baby girls to grow up and have jiujitsu be apart of their lives. I played boys club football since I was in 4th grade and played until I was a junior in highschool. I have a brother and two sisters. They all live in Alaska as well. I like to fish, camp and hike and bike. I also like photography and videography and I like to play chess. My hobbies seem to change a lot. I am on YouTube a lot watching JoeRogan Podcasts. I was always a fan/student of martial arts growing up. I trained boxing with Daniel Choi Boxing school here in Alaska when I was 17 on and off. Later joined Gracie Barra JJ for a couple of years. Later after that I was a student at Anchorage Brazilian JJ. Truly loved the whole vibe of the jj community and personal growth aspect and comradery. Very big fan of the sport and lifestyle.. I currently do not belong to a jiujitsu gym as we are planning on moving to Wisconsin and prepping our house to sell and other planning as well.. I became an instant fan of 10th Planet JJ and the style after watching Eddie vs. Royler on Metamoris 3 over and over again..I have opportunity to start my own business and thought about what I would want to do for work and bringing 10 planet jj to Wisconsin and being apart of the gym is what I want. Lastly, I think to describe some of my beliefs in hopes for you to get an idea of who I am and how I think; I have always been a loyal friend and believe in helping people. I love to crack jokes and always try to make people feel comfortable around me. I believe the earth is round... even though Eddie might think otherwise I do not like bullys. I want to be around people who encourage personal growth and encourage people to be positive and go for whatever it is they want in this world. And people who liked to have fun laughing and sharing who they are and trust I would be a friend they could talk to. I hope this helps a little bit. Feel free to call me anytime. Jason 907-250-4665 Thanks again guys!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by JSmiff View Post
    I really appreciate your responses. My full name is Jason Smith.

@Brian; I will check out HQ and def ask Eddie if he has recommendations. I completely agree with you on someone not going to move and team up without getting to know me. I will try to create friends in the system. I appreciate you giving me this advice, This helps me a lot.

@Herb; Couldn't agree more. This is why I want to be apart of 10thPlanetJJ because the people like you guys.. the willingness to help someone you don't even know.. all love and advice..

@Stan; Depending on the location, I am hoping to be around Milwaukee area give or take a 3-5 miles of city.

To give a little bit about me-
    My name is Jason Smith.. I grew up in Eagle River Alaska. I am 35 years old and have been in Alaska since I was 1 years old. I am married with 2 daughters, Norah is 3 and Jolene is 5 months old. Family is very important to me. I am excited for my baby girls to grow up and have jiujitsu be apart of their lives. I played boys club football since I was in 4th grade and played until I was a junior in highschool. I have a brother and two sisters. They all live in Alaska as well. I like to fish, camp and hike and bike. I also like photography and videography and I like to play chess. My hobbies seem to change a lot. I am on YouTube a lot watching JoeRogan Podcasts. I was always a fan/student of martial arts growing up. I trained boxing with Daniel Choi Boxing school here in Alaska when I was 17 on and off. Later joined Gracie Barra JJ for a couple of years. Later after that I was a student at Anchorage Brazilian JJ. Truly loved the whole vibe of the jj community and personal growth aspect and comradery. Very big fan of the sport and lifestyle.. I currently do not belong to a jiujitsu gym as we are planning on moving to Wisconsin and prepping our house to sell and other planning as well.. I became an instant fan of 10th Planet JJ and the style after watching Eddie vs. Royler on Metamoris 3 over and over again..I have opportunity to start my own business and thought about what I would want to do for work and bringing 10 planet jj to Wisconsin and being apart of the gym is what I want. Lastly, I think to describe some of my beliefs in hopes for you to get an idea of who I am and how I think; I have always been a loyal friend and believe in helping people. I love to crack jokes and always try to make people feel comfortable around me. I believe the earth is round... even though Eddie might think otherwise I do not like bullys. I want to be around people who encourage personal growth and encourage people to be positive and go for whatever it is they want in this world. And people who liked to have fun laughing and sharing who they are and trust I would be a friend they could talk to. I hope this helps a little bit. Feel free to call me anytime. Jason 907-250-4665 Thanks again guys!
    So do you live in alaska? or do you live in wisconsin

Live in Alaska. Moving to Wisconsin.

I appreciate all the feeback and all the questions. If you know someone who would be interested in talking about it please share my information. Thanks again.