Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym

RG in MMA, who trains it and uses the system?

I'm curious to see which paths people have the most success with when it comes to MMA. I've had the most success with the meathook in MMA until recently. I've used Dead Orchard for years but depended more on my long legs rather than working on different shoulder trap methods. I started putting more effort into shoulder trap stuff like Muddy Waters or even just driving a knuckle into his neck to bait his arm so I can grab wrist control and drag his elbow across my center-line to set up dead orchard that way or look for Muddy Waters. I heard in the FloGrappling 3 part doc (When Eddie was talking to Derek Rayfield) that he should work the stuff they've been working with Killa B so I started trying to not just be a dead orcherd-er. I had trouble with Dead Orchard in my last MMA fight not because my glove was stuck but because I had been depending on my long legs for so long and not working enough of the shoulder trap stuff so when he kept those elbows tucked and strong, I struggled to trap the shoulder. I like going Meathook even when I'm not in New Jersey from the start with MMA, had success with it in my last MMA fight in november and it led to a triangle then armbar which he escaped because I rushed it, I still took no damage except for 1 or 2 punches as I transitioned to the triangle but I think I could have finished a lot cleaner if I had set up the dead orchard better and could have avoided those 1 or 2 punches that could have ended the fight if he got me in the right spots.

Lately I'm loving New York - Gag Reflex (I think that's its name) - Drag his wrist through when he defends to set up my shoulder trap and I'm using less meathook unless I'm looking to clear the head for gogo clinch. Meathook to triangle is legit but triangles can sometimes be a good spot to get pounded on so I've been focusing more on arm attacks. I was working more invisible collar stuff until I injured my knee at my last competition so I've been very one sided with my RG game since and not double bagging a huge amount.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Once your knee is fully recovered, focus on getting to invisible collar when in full guard, then look to muddy waters then dead orchard or just take the arm from there which is just the latest version of invisible croc. Muddy waters is a position not a submission. A position added to make the invisible croc better and also to set up dead orchards for non-long legged guys. When in 3/4 guard look for anything in the gogo plata family.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Once your knee is fully recovered, focus on getting to invisible collar when in full guard, then look to muddy waters then dead orchard or just take the arm from there which is just the latest version of invisible croc. Muddy waters is a position not a submission. A position added to make the invisible croc better and also to set up dead orchards for non-long legged guys. When in 3/4 guard look for anything in the gogo plata family.
    Great advice, thank you! I've been looking into Barn Cats Brackish Waters series also, started drilling it a few days ago. I work a lot of gogo clinch but it's coming back into my game even stronger since seeing B-Macs recent video on going belly down to recover the knee when the opponent is blocking in and controlling the inside. I've been able to use the leg that was injured as my main mission control leg if needed but haven't been able to work on the lotus stretch on that side, feeling it in my knee too much if I do but its fine in places when I have my knee hugged tight.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Also, hope your knee heals up quick, Eddie.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Kavanagh View Post
    Also, hope your knee heals up quick, Eddie.
    Thanks brother ����
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie