Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Buchecha with an outside heel hook on Aly in the absolute but it looks like Aly tapped due to some sort of injury during the roll and not due to the heel hook. Weird finish

The finish by Gordon on Aly in the absolute was an inverted heel hook from honeyhole

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Okay, all numbers from all men's matches should be in the spreadsheet now. I'm sure there are mistakes so let me know when you see them.

Right now the draft numbers show the trends below.

26% of matches ended in sub
    18% ended in Ref's decision
    56% were won on points

Among the submissions there were:
    8 leg attacks
    6 armbars
    6 RNCs
    3 guillotines
    2 triangles
    1 arm triangle

The leg attacks were: 3 inside heelhooks, 3 outside heelhooks, 1 toe hold, and 1 no arm kneebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hanley View Post
    Okay, all numbers from all men's matches should be in the spreadsheet now. I'm sure there are mistakes so let me know when you see them.

Right now the draft numbers show the trends below.

26% of matches ended in sub
    18% ended in Ref's decision
    56% were won on points

Among the submissions there were:
    8 leg attacks
    6 armbars
    6 RNCs
    3 guillotines
    2 triangles
    1 arm triangle

The leg attacks were: 3 inside heelhooks, 3 outside heelhooks, 1 toe hold, and 1 no arm kneebar.
    I meant to edit my post. I saw they posted a replay of Danis' first absolute match and I thought it was a mounted darce (he likes those) but it was a mounted arm-in guillotine.

There hasn't been a north south choke finish since 2007 and not an anaconda choke finish since 2009. I was reading your other post about how this is good data. I agree. I also still think besides RNCs and inverted heel hooks that the ADCC results can be all over the map. Last time there was an omoplata, a no-arm triangle, a pressing armlock, and a twister but not a single guillotine. This year seems more normal, with the exception of no kimuras or darces. Interestingly though I saw a lot of kimuras (ie. Gordon Ryan and Vagner Rocha) and darces (ie. Cobrinha, Lovato Jr and JT Torres) used to help sweep, pass, or take the back.

Again, I think the level of sub defense is going up a lot. Even leg locks. There were only 3 inverted heel hooks and 2 were from a guy where that's his best submission (Gordon Ryan), and the other was against Jeff Monson who is like 100 years old now.

It's getting to the point where the RNC is the only thing I can really bet on to show up at ADCC every year.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Awesome thread.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12