Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix

Twister Side and getting my back taken

Hey everyone,

I've been officially training now for about a month in the 10p system and have a question. After passing guard and establishing side control, I'm able transition in to twister side and things are fine here. The problem is when I pull to go in to grape vine it seems like I get my back taken. This happened a couple of times and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong? Maybe I'm leaning to far to establish the grape vine which is allow them to get under me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, oss!

Array

School
    10P Ronin
    uhm...perhaps your weight shifted too much while leaning forward? our weight supposed to be crashing down on his chest or upper body area. or his free leg went under your legs and he got his own hooks in?

Well... these are what I encountered before though. Let's see what the higher belts think! lols! Think its easier for them to help if you can describe how your back got taken, whoever is reading this thread can learn too.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Make sure your bottom knee absolutely, positively, does not leave the ground off the grapevine until you grab his other leg and execute the twister roll.

Array

School
    Memphis Judo and Jiu Jitsu
    MTS : 74, 114, 129. Tentacle especially for you tho

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, all of the above are correct. I just wanted to reemphasize staying heavy on your ooponents chest and not allowing them to push you down towards their hips. Usually the case is, the focus shifts from smashing your opponent while in twister side to grapevining beacause everyone gets the visions of granduer with an amazing transition to the truck but loses site of staying heavy and using that top leg to scoop up your opponents leg and bring it to you in order to allow you to grapevine. Remember, your butt should never touch the ground and your knee must stay planted. Lastly, you must be mobile from twister side control. You should be able to transition to north/south and to opposite side twister control without hesitiation and sometimes your opponent will turn into you giving their leg allowing you transition directly into the truck. Hope this helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    ^^^
    Agree with the above statement. Twister side is a nice spot. Stay heavy and smash. Twister Roll to the Truck is nice and looks great but tip toe to full mount has a higher percentage and keeps you in a dominant spot. The more movement the lower the execution rate. Keep it simple, conserve energy and take what they give you. No need to fish when the pond is so small. Be patient and wait for the bite.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Left knee must be bolted to the ground literally, and right next to your opponent’s right hip. This is crucial. Then the fish net is next
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywatkins67 View Post
    the focus shifts from smashing your opponent while in twister side to grapevining beacause everyone gets the visions of granduer with an amazing transition to the truck.
    I'm dying. LOL. It's almost like you've been watching me spar! I realised myself the other week that I was going for the truck so hard that I completely ignored the fact that I could have gone into mount. *facepalm* Told hold pass straight into arm triangle is powerful, I'm going to start playing it again.

Could anyone help me with the following:

Firstly, someone mentioned below that I should from twister side be able to transition to north/south and otherside twister seamlessly, could anyone send me a good video or mts to watch?

Secondly, can anyone suggest any other attacks which are simple to transition to from the toe hold pass?

Thank you ^_^

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    I'm dying. LOL. It's almost like you've been watching me spar! I realised myself the other week that I was going for the truck so hard that I completely ignored the fact that I could have gone into mount. *facepalm* Told hold pass straight into arm triangle is powerful, I'm going to start playing it again.

Could anyone help me with the following:

Firstly, someone mentioned below that I should from twister side be able to transition to north/south and otherside twister seamlessly, could anyone send me a good video or mts to watch?

Secondly, can anyone suggest any other attacks which are simple to transition to from the toe hold pass?

Thank you ^_^
    Toe hold pass?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Take a look at this picture and write down all you think is wrong from this transition to truck from twister side control. That was me few years ago, safe to say I got my back taken everytime on advanced guys

https://www.instagram.com/p/8s3HQYO1f3/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast