IBJJF and neck ties

As i know in ibjjf you can crank the neck if there is a choke pressure. For example nobody taps for can’t breathing for a 10 finger choke but it is still legal because it is still %20 choking move. But twister is illegal because it is %100 neck and spinal pressure.

So which neck cranks are legal? Is Japanese neck tie legal? Or ninja choke?

Quote Originally Posted by the Lich Samurai View Post
    As i know in ibjjf you can crank the neck if there is a choke pressure. For example nobody taps for can’t breathing for a 10 finger choke but it is still legal because it is still %20 choking move. But twister is illegal because it is %100 neck and spinal pressure.

The Japanese necktie is an arm triangle variation and the ninja choke is a guillotine variation by IBJJF definition. After 15 years old, as long as the primary action of the sub is a choke/strangle then it is legal in IBJJF.

So no matter how neck cranky or Japanese nectkie, guillotine, or ninja choke is then it is fair game in IBJJF.

Like you said, cranks with no choking/strangling pressure are illegal. Like can openers or twisters.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Jnt is a grey area, it is both a choke and a crank, depends how the ref feels
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Quote Originally Posted by the Lich Samurai View Post

Ninja Choke should be fine, as it is just basically a front naked choke... A Japanese Necktie is a grey are depending on the ref you get.. As you know neck cranks are generally illegal, and the Japanese necktie can be looked as either a choke or a crank.. its unfortunately one of the many rules in IBJJF that is a rule that is up to referee discretion..

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Along this same train of thought....what about things like electric chairs and crotch rippers where the only leglocks allowed are straight ankle locks? Is the crotch part of the leg or the torso, lol?

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Siriphongs View Post
    Along this same train of thought....what about things like electric chairs and crotch rippers where the only leglocks allowed are straight ankle locks? Is the crotch part of the leg or the torso, lol?
    Electric chair, banana splits and such are legal. The way it was explained to me is that the DQ's on electric chairs happen when you whip up turning the opponents knee inwards, they claim that it's putting pressure on their knee (well, no shit, I'm putting pressure to force him to take the sweep or get into the submission). But the movement of stretching the crotch is 100% legal for every adult belt.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    JNT is technically legal since it's a choke with a crank. Groin stretches like banana splits and EC's are legal.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Sometimes people get dq’d for EC’s, some refs can’t stand 10p techs
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Sometimes people get dq’d for EC’s, some refs can’t stand 10p techs
    Absolutely. But the rule they use to justify it is the "twisting the knee inwards". I thouht I'd been dq'd at ibjjf gi europeans yesterday because of that.