Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Personally, as someone who travels to new cities often, Facebook is a powerful tool for keeping in tune/touch with people that I care about in the cities that I am not currently living. (especially the different 10th Planet moons!) For example Slick Rick is my friend on Facebook and one of my personal Jiu Jitsu heroes. Its awesome to see him and his team killing it at Evolve MMA in Singapore. Facebook to me is more for friends and family of 150 people or so as opposed to Twitter, IG or reddit which connects you with the entire hive-mind. (In other words if you are talking to some 500 lb. dude calling Dean Lister a pussy on Facebook, you are doing it wrong in my opinion)

I am aware of all these studies coming out showing how Facebook is bad for your mental health... my solution is to work on checking social media only in the morning, the way a sophisticated gentleman read the newspaper in the 1920s. Fill yourself in with the happenings of the world over a cup of coffee then go about your business for the rest of the day. Any important information will still be there waiting for you in the morning.

As for quitting things "cold-turkey" ...I know this is a controversial opinion and lots of people disagree, but I am a big believer in not quitting anything you enjoy entirely. I personally see it as a weakness and instead prefer to "master the moderation". Of course this doesn't apply to things you legitimately never WANT to do again, but if there is some want or desire why should you abstain yourself completely? Some good personal examples for me are common vices like cigarettes and alcohol. I used to go ham with both from ages 14-22. Now at 29 I have mastered the moderation with both to my liking. I smoke roughly 2-7 packs of organic tobacco American Spirits PER YEAR. They are particularly nice during rough weight cuts, road trips, and on vacations in the mountains at high elevation. As for alcohol, I drink maybe only 5-10 nights PER YEAR. When I do drink, I get completely hammered, dare I say LIT. Its super enjoyable and at the same time deters me from drinking again since the aftermath is so rough!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    One day we’ll be proud of looking at our phones and we’ll even chose our spouses based on how often they look at their phones. “I’m looking for someone I can stare at my phone with” -Jessica Beil
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

It’s like “Don’t use any knives in your kitchen because they may kill a person”

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    One day we’ll be proud of looking at our phones and we’ll even chose our spouses based on how often they look at their phones. “I’m looking for someone I can stare at my phone with” -Jessica Beil
    That is so sweet of hers.
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12