Array

School
    Gracie St. Pete

Been training no gi BJJ for a week and a half... Want to learn rubber guard and watch

What videos would you recommend for me?

What are some that are the most basic, on the techniques section of this site?

Would you recommend reading the book Mastering the Rubber Guard, or just watching the DVD set or maybe even just more current videos available on the website?

Like I said could someone help me out in finding what videos are the best for beginners?

A lot of them are very strange complicated names.....

Thank you!

OHHH, also I'd like to buy a shirt to wear to roll with... I was thinking maybe just the OG 10th planet logo T-shirt in an XL because I know you can roll in normal cotton shirts but I really prefer dri fit style shirts, but I like loose fitting short sleeve ones.

Would you be able to roll in the distressed long sleeve?

First priority is the videos to watch for a beginner! Thank you very much, I hope I can get some help here

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Welcome aboard

Get obsessed with the rubber guard first, trust me.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Snow Jiu Jitsu
    Check out rubber gaurd assains on IG. Then check out everyone they feature. Whoever runs it thank you so much!!

Array

School
    Gracie St. Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Welcome aboard

thanks for everything Eddie. I love the shirt !

So would you recommend getting the Pro membership and just studying the fuck out of the rubber guard ?

or can i still do that without paying for a Pro membership? thanks a lot man.

peace

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdanielcarter View Post
    thanks for everything Eddie. I love the shirt !

So would you recommend getting the Pro membership and just studying the fuck out of the rubber guard ?

or can i still do that without paying for a Pro membership? thanks a lot man.

peace
    Get the Advanced RG book....it is the most recent printed resource. Subscribe to the Pro membership to provide you with more detail as you make your way through the book. Follow folks like Ben Eddy, Jeremiah Vance, Brandon Mc, etc.

Array

School
    Gracie St. Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Welcome aboard

Eddie, hope you’re well dude , just curious how long should i expect to be a white belt ?

I’m tranning at a Gracie school that’s very legit. My instructors got their Black Belts and Red stripes from Rob Kahn.

I’m sweeping and tapping Purple Belts and Brown Belts every so often, and i go a lot harder than most of the white belts. I also am naturally altering so once i got down the postions and lingo i feel like i’m doing a lot better. I am not caught up in the whole belt thing. But, is really like some recognition for going in there and working hard , taking brand new guys under my wing so they feel comfortable because i wish slmeone was there to do that to do me when i was struggling to learn the new la gauge of VJJ at fiest.

I think i’m a plain white belt now. I think i’ll get 2 stripes before the month is over.

I go 2-4 times a week. I know if i’m serious and want the blue belt ASAP i need to go 5-6 days a week but with my job it’s hard for me.

Is there any way to tell my instructor like hey i’m ready to be a 2nd stripe white belt ?

It would just be a really nice confirmation for my hard word.

Thanks man. You’re amazing I love 10th planet and wish i had a gym by me in Tampa , but Gracie is great too.

Thank you very much bruddha.

Array

School
    Gracie St. Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Siriphongs View Post
    Get the Advanced RG book....it is the most recent printed resource. Subscribe to the Pro membership to provide you with more detail as you make your way through the book. Follow folks like Ben Eddy, Jeremiah Vance, Brandon Mc, etc.
    Also, i actually found a PDF of the first Rubber Guaed book and printed most of it.. Pirating i know , but sometimes touch gotta do what you gotta do.

Def will order the Advancdd book when i can afford it.

Thanks boss.