Array

School
    Gracie Barra

Trouble shoot homie control

G'day guys

Been trying to figure out homie control from closed guard for ages (almost a year) now ;(

Starting from closed guard double unders , lose one under hook and secure homie control (from here I try to position my homie control clinch better by having tight pressure into the opponents neck with the arm i lost the underhook with). The issue comes when trying to position my feet from closed guard to having one foot on the hip.

Difficult to even make it to the shuck squeeze to cliff / or sergeant slaughter sequence.

Any opponent my weight or above seems to be impossible to get my foot placement on his hip - can't quite get my heel into the opponents hip; they always seem to square up and stay tight with the hips. Is there a small detail here im missing?

Been through all the homie control related episodes of MTS, master eddie makes that hip adjustment switch to get his foot positioned on the opponents hips so effortlessly!!

Seem to have way more success with homie control coming from lockdown with perfect double unders then jump straight to homie control / prison guard); thats not too bad

Thanks in advance guys

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    It's a weight distribution and posture issue. You've gotta learn to hang your weight on your partner as you move around him.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Just like in RG, prison guard requires patience. Focus on shuck, squeeze to gift wrap. Remember, if you can’t shuck, going to rubber guard is the back up plan. Shucking is a long term project. Shuck, squeeze, gift wrap is a direct route to the back, it’s worth mastering
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Gracie Barra
    Thanks for the advice prof. b-mac and Master Eddie. Will keep at it.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    I have similar issues, esp against bigger, stronger guys. There is a 245# beast that easily falls into closed guard with me (I'm 180#). Rubber guard is harder against him with his broad shoulders, so I have been playing around with homie control. I used to easily get his back, but he has caught on, and now when I release one underhook, he goes really tight with his new underhook and shifts his hips to the opposite side, reaches back and tries to break open my closed guard to pressure pass me. When he finally breaks it open (or usually I bail on the closed guard), I catch him in half guard and either play Lockdown, Z-guard, or butterfly half...which is a challenge in and of itself.

I know Master Eddie has said a thousand times that games break down with huge weight/strength differences. But, I'm still working on this, lol.