Pyramid/third gear/stick shift

I am ending up trying to sweep with 'stick shift' and 'third gear' .... with stick shift my openent is often able to stop sweep with far knee and then mounts me....

With third gear (off pyramid) i have similar problem.

Thank in advance...
    Rich

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    My guess is that your butterfly sweep needs some fine tuning. Especially concentrate on driving off the ground with the bottom foot. Most people incorrectly try to just lay there and lift with the butterfly hook when it is equally important to drive with the bottom leg and hips.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I agree strongly with what Scott said. I'd also add that trying to sweep an opponent that is balanced and in good base is nearly impossible. It's very likely that this is the situation you are running into. You gotta take away some of his base and get him defending himself in another direction. This will open up some opportunities for him to be light in the places you need him to be.

good luck.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Thanks guys....yes i will work on driving off my bottom foot more and also connecting my elbow to knee which im not doing.
    I think i need to try and carry it out more explosively also.

Any ideas on how i can stop them from sliding their knee across and mounting me when the sweep fails?

Thanks heaps

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Failed butterfly sweeps should offer you triangle opps, like how I caught royler. Scott and Bmac also have solid advice
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie