Pursuing opening a no gi gym in Seattle

Hello everyone:

My name is Gordon Chen and I'm a 10th planet purple belt under Adam Sachnoff (San Mateo). My good friend Seth and I are pursuing starting a purely no-gi BJJ program in Seattle. (There's currently no pure no-gi gym here). I was wondering if there are Seattleites here who would be interested in training in such a program?

Right now we're looking at existing gyms for mat space to host a no-gi BJJ program. We'll keep you posted.

Array

School
    10th Planet Salt Lake City
    Indeed! We've been pursuing a few different channels over the last couple months and have some strong possibilities, so we'd love to get the pulse from people. I've been watching the Seattle threads here for years and it seems like there's definitely interest in no-gi, 10P or otherwise, so let us know!

NO WAY! I live 2 hours north over in Whidbey Island. Most definitely will make the drive weekly. Right now the closest 10P gyms for me are in PDX and BC Canada.

Seth and I do weekly Sunday trips to 10p Portland. If you feel like tagging along, let us know!

RE: No gi gym Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Chen View Post
    Hello everyone:

My name is Gordon Chen and I'm a 10th planet purple belt under Adam Sachnoff (San Mateo). My good friend Seth and I are pursuing starting a purely no-gi BJJ program in Seattle. (There's currently no pure no-gi gym here). I was wondering if there are Seattleites here who would be interested in training in such a program?

Right now we're looking at existing gyms for mat space to host a no-gi BJJ program. We'll keep you posted.
    Hey Man, I just moved out here and am still looking for a gym. Where do you train at currently? I live in Cap Hill. I've looked at Framework and Renzo but if y'all start 10p out here soon I will jump on board!

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Eddie just posted Nathan Orchard is moving to Seattle so you might want to check into that before investing any money.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywatkins67 View Post
    Eddie just posted Nathan Orchard is moving to Seattle so you might want to check into that before investing any money.
    Thanks! I saw.

I am looking to move to washington and found there was no 10th Planet gyms there (currently train in san diego). I would be more than willing to base where I move on being close to a 10thp in the Washington Area.

Array

School
    10th Planet Salt Lake City
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlndly View Post
    I am looking to move to washington and found there was no 10th Planet gyms there (currently train in san diego). I would be more than willing to base where I move on being close to a 10thp in the Washington Area.
    Can't go wrong with the Greater Seattle area! Fairly affordable if you're outside the city and there's definitely a crew of 10P expats and ronins here. Something's bound to happen...

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Yup, Nathan Orchard is opening a school somewhere in the Seattle area but not sure exactly where at this point. All moons need to be at least 10 miles apart, 30 miles in rural areas
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie