Array

School
    essential jiu jitsu

Half Guard Troubleshoot

hey 10p fam! i recently ran into a problem where i was playing lockdown half and ready to use my super stomp, but the person dropped to one hip (keeping the crossface) and made it extremely difficult to escape my knee out since i couldn't use my pimp arm. any advice would be appreciated!

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    While it's hard to say without seeing video of exactly what you are talking about, it sounds like his base would be compromised on the side of his dropped hip. If you already have the super stomp in, which I assume you do since you are already trying to free your knee, drop your inside foot to the ground and use your butterfly hook to threaten the sweep and he will have to base that leg out and give you the space to free your leg.

As I said, though, hard to say exactly without being able to see every detail about the posish. Sometimes you just have to reset and go back to half and use a different path.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Yes, make a video of what exactly is going on. But it’s VERY hard to win the battle of the knee, aka pulling your right knee out, without a strong pimp arm
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    essential jiu jitsu
    id be glad to make a video, but im not too sure on how to post it to this forum, ill be dm'ing it too u instead from instagram (@__its__lance__). its similar to reverse half guard in that they are facing your legs, but instead of turning his arms to that kimura type position, he is keeping the crossface, but is simply sitting on his hip instead of his knees

Array

School
    essential jiu jitsu
    thanks scott, i have a good picture on what u mean and will be trying to utilize it during training

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Click on the film strip icon then post the YouTube link
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie