Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Siriphongs View Post
    I’m no Mayweather or Cormier lol. My two days of rolling (sometimes three) are what work for my body and schedule. I tried pushing it to more rolling sessions per week, but after a few weeks, I could feel my body having difficulty recovering. So 2-3 times
    per week is the sweet spot for me.
    man that really sucks to hear

aging really sucks im 29 and look at guys who started mma and jiu jitsu late holm cormier romero bravo lesnar couture hunt etc etc and youre probably right on the money they are all on steroids or genetic freaks. And yes eddie is a genetic freak even if he downplays it.

The big question is that why do some freaky good athletes like johnny hendricks koscheck carwin anderson silva wanderlei silva etc etc go way downhill in the late 30s and 40s. They are obviously freaks of nature until they hit a certain age.

MMA aging is a weird science it isnt like nhl or nfl players that cant compete at 40 like they did at 30.

Hopefully I learn to edit posts before I turn 30.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAOLINMONK View Post
    man that really sucks to hear

aging really sucks im 29 and look at guys who started mma and jiu jitsu late holm cormier romero bravo lesnar couture hunt etc etc and youre probably right on the money they are all on steroids or genetic freaks. And yes eddie is a genetic freak even if he downplays it.

The big question is that why do some freaky good athletes like johnny hendricks koscheck carwin anderson silva wanderlei silva etc etc go way downhill in the late 30s and 40s. They are obviously freaks of nature until they hit a certain age.

MMA aging is a weird science it isnt like nhl or nfl players that cant compete at 40 like they did at 30.

Hopefully I learn to edit posts before I turn 30.
    Time and mileage eventually catch everyone. You don’t know how many gym wars some guys were in (esp Wanderlei).

And it’s not like I am feeble, lol. I roll for longer periods than guys half my age...my sessions are pretty much nonstop for at least 50 min or longer. But, I only roll at 60-70% with the ocassional explosive movement. I’m in it for the long haul in general, and plan to roll until the day I die.

That’s part of what makes DC so good. He took time off in the 20s so he never got punched in the head by mma fighters until he was like 30. That’s the weird science of aging in mma, mileage seems to be the biggest factor aging is a big factor too but you can’t fight at all if your body is fucked up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAOLINMONK View Post
    Feeling guilty started when I was 20 now 29 i trained average 2 times a week on grappling and mma no pure striking

It is one of the worst feelings to think you wasted your 20s fucking around instead of training. Kinda therapeutic to make this thread actually.
    dude, you have nothing to worry about. Really, I did the same - instead of training in my youth, I spent that time making parties with my friends, making fun and leading a carefree life... Then I realized my mistakes and begin training my body, but it was really difficult, because at 27 you don't have that stamina you had in your 20's... But, now I'm 28 and for that year I restored my body's indicators, because I found a quite good Muskelaufbau Turbo Blog with already made training schedule and tips about nutrition, and sue to this I can train about 4-5 times a week, but, unfortunately I don't have such amount of time to this

Array

School
    Insert yo mamma joke here
    I sat on my ass for 5+ years all depressed. Did almost nothing.. I went from 8-10 miles in 1hour and curling 65lbs 30x 3sets with occasional variations 8hours of lifting and 2 big tubes of fage yogurt to nothing... Now I going again and feel weak curling 30-45lbs 3x... Slow n steady...

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Chino
    I'm just starting out but am already hooked. I wish I could do more but currently it's twice a week. Damn work and kids lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12