Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    essential jiu jitsu

Lockdown vs twister pass/ reverse half guard

I hate to spam this forum with threads of asking for troubleshoot, but i will say that its great too have such a carrying community to help me with jiu jitsu problems!

recently ive been running into an issue of people going straight to the reverse half guard/twister pass position when they get put in lockdown and my half guard/lockdown game is completely lost when in that position. any ideas on how to stop this/counter it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Law View Post
    I hate to spam this forum with threads of asking for troubleshoot, but i will say that its great too have such a carrying community to help me with jiu jitsu problems!

recently ive been running into an issue of people going straight to the reverse half guard/twister pass position when they get put in lockdown and my half guard/lockdown game is completely lost when in that position. any ideas on how to stop this/counter it would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Choke them out!!! #veggievigilante

or pull them to the z stuff path

or dog fight
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    Open Mat
    We live on a bowl.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    T pass fucks all guards including lockdown. Don’t let them turn to face your legs, if he does don’t lose the lockdown and you’re way good, look for the Apollo/arm triangle from the bottom. If he turns and frees his knee from your lockdown and he’s good at the T pass then you’re in trouble, that’s why I always preach to master this dominating top half position
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    essential jiu jitsu
    sounds good, ive been using the apollo when he is threatening the kimura from that position in order to get both hands behind his bqack and get up on my elbow in order too use the octopus guard. thanks Eddie!

thank for the video !

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by kimono jjb View Post
    thank for the video !
    Glad to help.
    We live on a bowl.

What if the opponent has you on a twister pass, but doing a cross face, and you loose the lockdown?.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by zoram77 View Post
    What if the opponent has you on a twister pass, but doing a cross face, and you loose the lockdown?.
    If you lose the lockdown and he is in T pass then you’re fucked. Strong inversions can kill t passes tho, but a good t pass player is always killing the inversions with an eel or nessy on dude on bottom’s top leg
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

That’s not the answer I was waiting for, ahaha. But I’ll keep working on that specific aspect of the guard to avoid get stucked in that position.
    Thanks for the answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast