Array

School
    Leverage Kuala Lumpur

Fly Trap - MTS144

I love the Fly Trap submission (from side control) shown on MTS144. It is definitely a very creative and unorthodox move. I have a question. If the person on top bases and spreads his arm wide, how are we going to bring our leg in to close the triangle? I tried it in class yesterday. I managed to get Mission Control, but I could not close the Triangle because my opponent had his arm based wide on the mat. So, when I tried to retract my leg to close the Triangle, I could not, as my leg was stuck. Do you have any idea what is the solution?

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    You can't force a square peg in a round hole. If it doesn't feel like it's there, it probably isn't. If an opponent feels what you are attempting and is resisting, they are usually opening themselves up for something else.

As it happens, we've been working the flytrap and other bottom side attacks this week. If I am attempting the flytrap and they open that elbow to keep the leg from coming over the head, they are now making it very easy for me bring my elbow inside their arm and then shrimp my knee inside which now enables me to throw a plethora of options like a bottom side triangle.

The head side arm opened up a little too much makes it very easy to hook up a Sergio Hernandez style rubber guard entry, if you are flexible enough.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I use the fly trap to recover guard like Scott said
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie