Thread: Introduction

Array

School
    The Basics Gracie JJ Leesburg, Virginia

Introduction

First thread post just wanted to introduce myself to the community. Don’t know is this is the place to do this but Here’s a little bit about myself.
    I’m a Junior in High School who has a burning passion for JJ. Although i have only started Jiu-Jitsu the early summer of 2018 i am EXTREMELY knowledgeable(on my 2nd degree for our combative course) and would like to consider myself to have a body type designed for JJ. For example both my elbows and knees are hyper flexible and the rest of my joints are rather extremely flexible. I can get myself into full lotus with my hands which is slightly impressive considering I’ve only been practicing it for about a week. I strive to make my JJ style not just one school but rather a hybrid of a variety of techniques and ultimately dominating those who strictly stick to one system. My biggest role model in the JJ universe is of course Eddie Bravo not only because of his incredible JJ skills but because he has taught me to open my mind up and look into things for myself. I throughly belief his philosophy of don’t trust anything you can’t probe for yourself. I’ll finish off this bio with saying i look forward to competing one day so look out for my name and feel free to dm or reply to me with questions about anything. Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Welcome Sam! Wish you the best in your jiu jitsu journey.

One of the best lessons jiu jitsu has taught me over the last almost 12 years of training and competing is to stay humble and that there is always more to learn.

Best,

Mario

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Welcome, Sam. I always appreciate people who are enthusiastic about BJJ, because there are so few of us in this world. I see that you train at a Gracie CTC, which is the type of school I train at as well. In fact, I received my purple belt from Rener last year, and will be training with Ryron in a few weeks. I have been training in both Combatives and Master Cycle approximately five days per week for the last five years, while also studying 10P for the last seven years (with a few years training prior to all of this, as well). If there's one thing I can tell you with certainty, it's that I barely know anything about Jiu-Jitsu. I make it well known to my teammates that in the vast world of BJJ, I am a completely unskilled beginner by comparison to those at the highest level. My recommendation for you is be as entusiastic and hungry to learn as possible, and even more humble. If you do that, you will have a great time on your BJJ journey.

Good luck on your path!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Welcome to the family brother
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie