Array

School
    essential jiu jitsu

message to all 10P RG enthusiasts- what is your favorite way to get an overhook?

ive been playing a lot of meathook from the new jersey position and im glad with my results, so i wanted to get some ideas going on on how/what is your favorite way to get an overhook in order to enter the New Jersey position in the first place? any ideas would be appreciated!

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Law View Post
    ive been playing a lot of meathook from the new jersey position and im glad with my results, so i wanted to get some ideas going on on how/what is your favorite way to get an overhook in order to enter the New Jersey position in the first place? any ideas would be appreciated!
    I hunt for the underhook everywhere because it is strategically smarter for me to do so considering my game. If I ever lose the underhook battle, the overhook is right there and I use it to whatever end I see given to me. So I guess my favorite way to get the overhook is losing the underhook. Sometimes I use false sweep attempts to get a hand on the mat if my opponent is balling up and being defensive, but I personally prefer hunting for the underhook. That does not mean I am not a RG enthusiast. I am definitely a fan of using RG.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Jon Watkins is 100% correct. Best strategy to hunt for over hooks is to play the opposite game, the underhook game. If your uunderhook game is strong then overhooks should present themselves. The beginning of F1 and F2 are also crucial ways of obtaining overhooks
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie