Array

School
    Alpha MMA

Any early moves outdated/obsolete?

G’day all, I have been a member here for years and years but after punching on with mental illness for the past 6 years, I have finally signed up to a gym and will begin training on Monday.
    I bought the Mastering the Rubber Guard and Mastering the Twister DVDs years ago and I just wanted to ask if there is anything in those DVDs that is now obsolete.
    I noticed from an episode of MTS that Eddie no longer tends to whip up to the elbow for Dogfight and instead keeps the underhooks. I’m sure a lot more has changed and been upgraded but is there anything else I should be aware of?
    Cheers in advance. All the best.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Hey Corey!

There are constanly tweaks to moves. I'd say start from the most recent backwards, but even better than that learn principles and concepts first vs specific moves. Always try to analize your rolling and see where you are getting caught from a 30,000 view from above.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Mario

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    What Mario said. The system is always evolving. There has been many tweaks since those books and DVDs were produced but the tweaks were made to battle against dudes who know the system very well. Most of the techs that were published still work against traditional Bjj players tho
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Journey Jiu Jitsu Madison
    Can't remember... was London in the original rubber guard DVD series?