Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai

1/4 Guard Troubleshooting Questions

Hey Guys,

So I have started seriously working on Quarter Guard and getting it into my game. So far I have to say that Ive had great results using it. I'm smashing through the E's and the transitions are coming easier.

I am however having a couple problems... there arent many quarter guard videos out there... especially relating to troubleshooting

Questions
    1 - What should you do when Top player sits back on his heels, is heavy on his knees and guards the near side underhook?
    Catching an oldschool is difficult... underhooking the far leg is difficult... the main thing ive tried to sink their trapped knee into my QG and try to get a Mini stomp going to make something happen... seems like its easy for the top guy to stall me here. Any suggestions?

2 - Will cupping the near knee generally prevent the pass?

3 - Can anyone talk a bit about the grip Priority and Hierarchy between the different hand positions? Ex. Cup near / far knee, underhook near / far leg, near side under hook, crossface framing protection,

4 - Several times when I have pulled 1/4 Guard I end up with and underhook around their nearside knee.. almost like you would for Shin to shin... is there special options from there or has anyone experimented with it.

Thanks loads guys and gals
    Enjoy your training

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Watch Lucas Leite highlight reel on YouTube, you’ll find answers there. He’s the only Brazilian I know of playing the same 1/4 guard as me and he’s won 5 world championships
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Dogfiiightchy

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Everybody gonna go to doggy fiitch
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie