Array

School
    10th Planet West LA

Random gym visits

Master Eddie, hello sir. Coaches. Fellow practitioners.

I had a question about dropping into other 10th planet gyms randomly.

Over the last six months I’ve noticed a few people sit in for a class because they’re either visiting from out of town for the weekend or maybe in town on business and they stay for a class or two…

Do you have to pay for that one or two day class?

Say for example I paid for a membership one year in advance, can I visit any other school around the USA for free or does each gym require a membership/day pass?

I’ve noticed here on this website in the online store there is a “drop-in” pass for the headquarters in downtown LA and it has a one day, one week, one month varying price option.

Although I usually attend the noon classes Monday through Friday at one location because that works perfectly for my schedule: I was wondering, specifically, if I could come into the HQ for 6 AM classes sometimes or do I in fact have to pay for those sessions?
    Last edited by Remington Aldrete; 12-14-2018 at 04:24 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    As far as general advice goes, I'd message the moon head directly and simply ask. Assume every gym is it's own profit center that needs dues to survive. Sometimes I haven't been asked to pay, sometimes I have.

With regards to HQ, can't speak for them as I've never been unfortunately. Sure someone will chime in for you.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Diego
    New to 10p but I train in San Diego and there is no problem going between all 4 of the "Freak" locations. I have been to 3 other 10th planets visiting and wasn't asked to pay. Having that been said, I always called ahead of time and didn't assume and asked how much the drop-in was. Someone at 10p SD told me to buy some swag when possible if they let you drop in for no charge and why not? Who doesn't want more dope gear!

Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    Yeah I would totally grab a 10p beanie or something. I’m still waiting on those constellation rash guards to drop.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Each moon operates individually but most wont charge other 10P soldiers drop in fees if they are current/active paying members at another 10P school, including 10pHq. Verification will be necessary
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    Oh okay awesome!!!! Thank you for the direct response Master Eddie!! I’d love to come in for some training at HQ. I’ll call ahead and have my coaches Scott Epstein or Johnny Ho verify. I’ll be sure to pick up some gear from the mothership too
    Last edited by Remington Aldrete; 12-21-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Yup most of us don't charge other affiliate members, for drop ins, as long as their are currently training at another 10th Planet location.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    I train at 10P Phoenix and travel often for my job. Whenever I travel I look for gyms to train at, finding no-gi sessions can be a challenge on the road.

I have trained at 10P Las Vegas, Austin and New Caney as well as other non 10P schools in my travels. Hands down the 10P schools have been the most welcoming and a great experience. I always reach out ahead of time, ask for permission to attend and offer to pay a mat fee.