Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA

BJ Penn Rubber Guard

Did anyone else die laughing when BJ Penn tried Rubber Guard in his fight with Frankie Edgar tonight? Seriously, the conversation with my wife went like this:

Me: "I would die laughing if BJ Penn tried rubber guard."
    *BJ Penn goes to Mission Control*
    Me: "Hah! Ok now he needs to go to Crackhead Control."
    *BJ Penn goes to Crackhead Control*
    Me: "...."

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    That was the sloppiest attempt of rubber in the history of ufc and that was a high guard not crackhead. I mean the repeated free New Yorks too. But i'm talking shit. 5 rounds in the UFC against Edgar is something i will never understand. I just hope it looks different when George does it soon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    I LOLed at how pathetic of an attempt it was to emulate some form of queerbate rubberguard

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Bell View Post
    That was the sloppiest attempt of rubber in the history of ufc and that was a high guard not crackhead. I mean the repeated free New Yorks too. But i'm talking shit. 5 rounds in the UFC against Edgar is something i will never understand. I just hope it looks different when George does it soon.
    exacly right.
    it was very poor but we are watching not actually fighting and bj was stuffed and he was just trying something and he needed to because what he was doing was terrible.. but in the end it was shocking attempt at rubber guard
    also agree.. go george .. he is a legend!

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing. I wanted BJ to win. No, when I saw him try RG I was REALLY excited. Can you imagine if BJ Penn Mastered the System? Holy crap dude. I'm still geeking out.

Thanks for the correction in terminology. If BJ had zombie'd the hand to the mat, would that have been crackhead?

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Texas Draculino Team
    WTF. A thread full of whitebelts pointing out how much BJ sucks. Wow. Serious LOL moment here.
    Last edited by Kyle Callaway; 08-29-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Callaway View Post
    WTF. A thread full of whitebelts pointing out how much BJ sucks. Wow. Serious LOL moment here.
    im not bagging out BJ at all.
    i dont know the 10th planet system very well i train at gracie. but it was obvious that he wasnt using the rubber guard good at all. i know excacly how it is supposed to be. and when your in a fight it is very different as when your watching it. and as i said he was just trying something different as what he was doing wasnt working at all.

Array

School
    Ronin
    I think BJ is alot better with the GI but that just my opinion I was rooting for BJ but Edgar dominated. I have excepted that there is a new champion. Rematch with Grey will be awesome.
    Last edited by Stephan Pepin; 08-29-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    very let down by this fight...bj seemed to want to stand and try to slug it out. think he could have had a better chance if he would have tried more takedowns ans tried to keep it on the ground...

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    One of my guys said "what if he pulls rubbergaurd", and he did. I was screaming: now dig the forearm in the collarbone!!! Get that shit tight! Zombie with no knee hug (again).... Love BJ, but he needs to get stateside for about a year and train fulltime with a new camp. He needs to push himself harder than he ever has. His stagnant training will be the end of his career if not.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast