Array

School
    10th Planet Saint Paul

What's your training regimen?

How many hours/days a week do you train? I usually get in 2 days a week, and 4-6 hours. I'm limited to being a weekend warrior since I work 40 hours a week, go to school 2 nights a week, and I live 30 miles from my gym, so travel is somewhat of an issue, especially in Minnesota winters.

I'm wondering if anyone has advice for ways to help stay fresh and work on things during the week without being able to go to the gym? I've been considering purchasing mats since I've got a couple friends that I could drill and work technique with, but I don't really have the space in my current home. The garage is an option for about half the year, but the winter's would be rough.

The reason I'm asking all this is because I don't feel I'm progressing very well, and it's getting frustrating/discouraging. I want to train more than I do, but real life places limitations on my time, and sometimes shit happens and I can't get to the gym even when I plan to (such as today) and I've yet to find a way to make up for it, or find a substitute to help myself improve. I was just wondering what other peoples training schedules were like to see if anyone is in similar circumstances that could give me some advice.

Thanks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    How far from 10th planet St Paul are you? The best way I found to progress is spend as much time in the gym as possible especially with dudes that are better than you. When your not there hit up those techs and rep with your boys.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Watch a lot of dvd's and maybe get a grappling dummy. Dummies could be pricey though. As a last resort move somewhere warmer and closer to a gym,,lol

I don't train enough…

That pretty much sums it up

I keep a log on my training time since a year now.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    Make the most of the time you do get to train. Study tape, keep a log, and have fun.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I like to play a lot of mortal combat.. maybe watch the karate episode of spongebob. Every once in awhile throw in "karate kid" or a Dragon Ball Z movie.. and just study their moves. I mean.. some of those guys are blowing up planets.. I havent seen any of those techniques in the MTS episodes. Eh.. maybe it will be in the new Advanced rubber guard book.