Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu

Fuck Jon "Aquaman" Jones

I'm sorry if I missed the thread on this topic, and if I did please direct me towards it --

Some may say: How about this for a conspiracy theory? -- But I am aware these things take place. A lot.

I re-nicknamed Jon Jones: "Aquaman" -- Because last night when I was watching the fights with some training partners. And. Something smelt a little fishy.

For starters: Wrestler don't pull (half) guard!

-- Any takers on this topic because I'm too medicated to finish my evidence.

Array

School
    Ronin
    gotta say Bader indeed felt the need to pull half guard no conspiracy Jon Bones Jones is the man. That choke was so fuckin tight! It makes total sense that bader tapped. I would have loved to see the japanese neck tie seeing as how bader had half guard and Jones was going for the darce but the switch to guillotine was awesome. Great finish Jon will beat shogun in little over 6 weeks and become champ. Also I got to say that was a great night for fight fans!

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by James O'Brien II View Post
    I'm sorry if I missed the thread on this topic, and if I did please direct me towards it --

Some may say: How about this for a conspiracy theory? -- But I am aware these things take place. A lot.

I re-nicknamed Jon Jones: "Aquaman" -- Because last night when I was watching the fights with some training partners. And. Something smelt a little fishy.

For starters: Wrestler don't pull (half) guard!

-- Any takers on this topic because I'm too medicated to finish my evidence.
    Bader had no choice but to hang on to half guard or face Jones wicked side control, '' Are You Mixing Crack With Your Weed '' ??

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Bader couldnt get in range to shoot or set up his hands, he had no choice. No conspiracy, just his last resort imo...maybe he heard Eddie Bravo's "3rd Option" rant.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I thought the fight was weird too but nothing that fishy. Every mistake Bader made seemed to be jiujitsu mistakes, which was bizarre for a wrestler. What ever happened to just magically popping to your knees when shit gets bad?

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    Bader had no choice but to hang on to half guard or face Jones wicked side control, '' Are You Mixing Crack With Your Weed '' ??
    Haha, it sounds like I am. Doesn't it. But I'm not :-|

On topic:

I feel Bader is a better fighter than he showed. (I always thought highly of Aquaman) Bader is an elite level wrestler with improved striking who wasn't landing strikes or taking Jones down (not surprised at that). But when Bader fell to his back (on purpose) then was roughed up. Come round 2 you would think he would have a better strategy than to purposely pull half guard again on Aquaman. -- That's my beef. -- Oh. And that he was subbed from half guard just makes me laugh, because if you're pulling half guard, you should be Eddie Bravo Confident™ in that position!

Oh, and the whole Rashaad pulling out so Jones could fight for the title.
    But I guess I would rather see Jones vs. Shogun anyways. I hope it's not rigged (

PS: I think Aquaman is the real deal, but I that doesn't take away this strong odor.

Why do you keep referring to jones as aquaman? Is it a justice league reference? If it is, i think the character you're looking for is the martian manhunter.

Comic books aside, that guillotine was sick.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    [QUOTE=James O'Brien II;40475]I re-nicknamed Jon Jones: "Aquaman" -- Because last night when I was watching the fights with some training partners. And. Something smelt a little fishy.

QUOTE]

but yeah that guillotine was sick :P

Bader did a lot better than I thought he would honestly, he was able to get to his feet in the 1st and didn't really take any damage. I think Bader was overrated going in, he struggled with lil Nog while no one has touched Jones. I was expecting to see Bader go flying through the air like everyone else, but he did well in the clinch. Jones is just too athletic. Bader seems more like a Koscheck-esk fighter; in the 80th percentile, but probably wont ever get a title shot.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    I can not verify this, because I was not there. However, a friend from Reno who trains on and off with Bader said that about 10 days before the fight, Bader really badly hurt his neck, and couldn't even turn it to the side. Not taking anything away from Jones, and I think he wins anyway, but maybe that is why he had to pull half-guard. He felt Jones' explosiveness, and the first time his neck got snapped back from a good shot, I'm sure he saw stars from the previous injury alone. Clearly a bad decision, but maybe this will at least make sense of it. Again, though, this is second hand info, so I'm not staking my name on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast