Thread: Repetition log

Array

School
    Mac's

Repetition log

Hey, so I've been tryin to start a log to account for the time and repetition I put into each technique but can't really think of an effective and efficient way to actually log it. Anybody have a format that works for them or maybe a mock log that I can go off of?

Thanks
    -Stevie Eff

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    perhaps a from scratch excel spreadsheet deal?

Array

School
    Team Shark
    I'd have a physical journal.

I have a notebook with 5 sections

4 sections for the different days weight lifting, (back/biceps, chest/triceps,legs/shoulders, and sprints/olympic lifts)

and the last section for my bjj repetitions.

I make a single page for say scissor sweep from guard. within the page i could have variants like doing a reverse one or doing one with a different grip, but underneath all of them I just do

date - reps done

it works for me, allows a lot of info to be stored

Array

School
    Mac's
    Yea that's kinda what I was thinkin. I just wasn't sure if there was a more legit format that schools are tellin their students to use or if I should just try to whip one up myself. thanks for the in put guys!

-Stevie Eff

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Lloyd irvin encourages his students to keep a log and it looks like it works for them. He says that if you went to a college class you would take notes and review them later or else you would forget some material. If you take notes in a college class why not take notes in a bjj class? I for one by friday always forgot what i had learned on monday but since i started a log its been awesome, so much more retention. I write down the instructor-date-type of class gi or no-gi,time and type of move and i write it out as detailed as possible. Some of them take up a whole page of notebook paper. I make sure to include the minute details that could either mean getting the move or not. Hope this helps and good luck training

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Also i dont really concentrate on the number of reps because i review the technique on paper and rep it in my head around 1000 times and then do it during open mat or sparring

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieEff View Post
    Hey, so I've been tryin to start a log to account for the time and repetition I put into each technique but can't really think of an effective and efficient way to actually log it. Anybody have a format that works for them or maybe a mock log that I can go off of?

Thanks
    -Stevie Eff
    PM me your email and I'll send you one. i have a few different ones.

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Salt Lake City
    Sounds like something that would make a good and simple iPhone/Android app. I just started BJJ so I don't know what one would record in such a journal/log.

Array

School
    Mac's
    sweet man I appreciate it my e-mail is stevenfifield1@yahoo.com

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Science says it takes 10,000 hours of training to become a master of something...