Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul

Invisible Pyramid

So today while going through the MTRG videos and rolling with a buddy I went to a position I am currently calling the Invisible Pyramid. It's essentially the pyramid(preferred setup right now is grabbing an overhook, pushing off the shoulder, hipping out then establishing the pyramid position) the only difference is that instead of wrist control I'm clearing the neck and going to what would be chill dog were I not in the pyramid. From here I can get a choke much like the invisible collar but It's much easier to finish since I can squeeze in with my knee. Additionally, from there I have triangles, armbars, the stock, and also the basic path. There you have it folks: A great control position, a submission AND a set up for other submissions all in one. Is anyone familiar with this position or did I just make up some new shit?

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    can you post a video tutorial on this and showing all the different progressions from "The Invisible Pyramid" please

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    So basically invisible collar with a tight overhook unstead of hugging the knee?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10thPlanet HQ/Oside/Kauai
    only problem i see is, without wrist control, how can you stop him from pushing down your leg and passing, or then rolling out from the "invisible pyramid".
    The 10thPlanetjj Family Map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...513672&t=h&z=4

The 10thPlanetjj Family Tree http://www.jj4all.com/10p/rank/

Instagram: seanjitsu

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanJ-kauai View Post
    only problem i see is, without wrist control, how can you stop him from pushing down your leg and passing, or then rolling out from the "invisible pyramid".
    Kinda hard to stuff the leg if your feet are crossed
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanJ-kauai View Post
    Actually we played with that too, the roll feels like you're gonna hurt yourself if you go for it and if you push down on the knee you're wide open for the switch to the stock which is actually my favorite of the progressions from there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Nm just reread it..so the feet arent crossed..the invisible part of the name was throwing me off
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    So basically invisible collar with a tight overhook unstead of hugging the knee?
    Kind of except your ankles aren't crossed your foot is in his hip pushing his base back.
    So I guess more like basically a pyramid with chill dog instead of wrist control.

might as well go ahead and hug the knee if your in chill dog. hugging the knee is harder to escape than just holding that over hook.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    might as well go ahead and hug the knee if your in chill dog. hugging the knee is harder to escape than just holding that over hook.
    but you're not in chill dog you're in the pyramid. I don't feel like chill dog is nearly the power position that the pyramid is let alone the invisible pyramid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast