NEWS: Kenny Florian dropping to 145, wants Aldo

"Like Dana White, I like to make big fights," said Kenny Florian's manager Malki Kawa. "And a fight with Aldo has been sticking in the back of my head since the UFC asked us for it.

"If it looks like the only way that fight can happen is if Kenny moves down to 145, that's what we're going to do."

"He's not going to get a title shot at 145 directly. We're asking for a top guy, and then maybe after one or two more fights, he can get a title shot.

"He should be ready to make his 145-pound debut in June or July. He has been cleared to start training this week."

Florian immediately warmed to the idea of moving to 145, but did not fully embrace it until receiving assurance from his nutritionists that the cut was possible.

"I started playing around with the idea: could I make 145? Originally, I didn't think it was possible. I spoke with a few nutritionists, got their opinions, told them what my body fat was, my walking-around weight, all that stuff and the general consensus was that it was very possible.

"I put a lot of thought into it, spoke with my coaches and everybody involved and decided that I am going to try it. I'm going to go for it."

"[The UFC] is very supportive. They're very excited about the move. I've spoken to Dana White, Joe Silva and Sean Shelby -- they're all excited. And I'm excited. I'm very motivated.

"For me it's first things first. My goal is to get the 145-pound belt, and then go up to 155 and challenge for that belt as well."

Read entire article: http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=6100420