Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria

Coming Full Circle in 10th Planet and thank your Eddie

We all know that the 10th Planet system is always evolving. There are a number of moves that have been replaced with 'better ones' because counters have been discovered.

Eddie now talks about trying to go straight to flying kung fu by passing zombie/new york/chill dog. He use to test out invisible collar all the time. That now has gone to the wayside.

The way I see it is this. When we practice in our schools (10th Planet ones) we are rolling with people who KNOW the system. So our counters are based on their reactions to our attempts. The average BJJ player who doesn't know the system will fall victim to the 'older' tricks. However, the above average player (or those open minded enough to study the system) won't fall for those things (supposedly).

I am what you call an old school 10th Planet player (no pun intended). My basics win fights for me. Eddie once said that he "wasn't athletic so he needed tricks to win." I am now thinking that the cat is out of the bag and their are no tricks...only solid drilling over and over to get really good at what we know.

Red asked me a while back to take his videos off line because he didn't want people to know what his 'style was'. I told him " Jean Marc, there is a huge difference knowing what you are going to do and STOPPING it."

I see the 10th Planet system as adding (or in some cases creating) to our games. It enhances our styles. For me, the half guard and rubber guard have saved my butt hundreds of times. It literally saved me from a broken arm in competition last year when I reversed a sub attempt and used the lock down and electric chair to end a match.

The more things change, the more things stay the same? I dunno. I am just thinking out loud.

Eddie has taught me a lot. And I am very thankful for it. I simply wanted to say thank you Eddie publicly.
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    True that. Awesome line about stopping the moves so accurate. The lockdown and the system have saved my limbs a few times as well. Thank you Master Eddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    well said Ari..im very grateful to be part of this system
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Damn, I'm studying the Mastering the RG 3 disc set. Are you telling me that there are moves there that I shouldn't be working on learning since there have been improvements? If so, is there anything that I can buy like a book or dvd so I can train the current curriculum.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    It's funny how your training partners adapt and slowly crowd your game out and all your cool tricks start requiring serious reps and training to get better at.

Then one day a person from another gym shows up and all of a sudden, all of those awesome moves that get shut down magically reappear and you're hitting a carni like it was 2008.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    i agree that the way Eddie breaks it down you know the different escapes and counters and are prepared for them it comes down to how much times you rep the movement on how successful you will be with rather then relying on a trick.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    Learn all the moves, spar with many people and different styles. Competition and or training with Anti 10th planet/ lack of 10th planet info schools will only make you better. Competition will help you navigate strength and impose your will using tech, and when training with fellow nirbirus you will naturally become patient and cerebral....Trust and respect allow you to spar with freedom.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Invisible collar is HUGE for me when playing RG, not so much as a submission but it's the best control position in full guard hands down. It is impossible to get hit and it's the only control position that's sometimes a submission

The system is always evolving and old school techs will usually resurface and it's because we're all working together as a family to continue to ad and alter the game, thank you all very much for the eternal support
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

I just posted a small note similar to that on my facebook wall. I'm grateful for Eddie and the other instructors and training partners in the 10th Planet family for sharing their knowledge with me and making me better in every aspect.

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    No such thing as "Tricks". But a skill mastered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast