Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita

Maia v Jacare MMA

What do you guys think would happen at this point if Maia and Jacare fought under UFC rules? The BJJ match was razor close, with Maia having a tiny edge, but that was long ago, in a gi, under IBJJF rules. I feel like they both adapt their game to no-gi about as perfectly as you can, and it would be exciting as hell.

I personally like Maia's game better, and enjoy watching him more, but I think Jacare wins a UD for 2 reasons. First, in MMA, if you pull guard and don't sub the guy, judges will give the guy on top the round. Second, Maia's striking has started to look a little better than before, but Jacare's has recently started to actually look good on his feet, so he could always use his ridiculous base to keep it on the feet.

Opinions?

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    i think jacare, i love maia, he is one of my favorite fighters, but i just think jacare has improved his striking alot more than maia, and there ground game is close. but maia has improved his takedowns alot though, would be a great fight though

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    i say souza... he seems a little more agggressive

Array

School
    fight sport miami
    jacare via savagery

Array

School
    10th Planet Sylmar/ JJBJJ
    Jacare via win.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    jacare all day. his fight against tim kennedy showed that he doesnt even have to go to the ground. that fight was 5 rounds of jacare out striking tim kennedy. it was pretty impressive.