Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside

Atheist 1 - Christian guy 0

Array

School
    Martial Arts Progression, Hartlepool, UK
    i kinda feel sorry for christian, he's obviously dealing with an inner turmoil. listening to him trying to hold his own was akin to watching someone roll for the first time vs someone experienced. he's struggling to do anything and seems confused. before tapping out at the end.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I guess before calling he should have had a game plan lol. I love how they handled it "Why can't we all be friends here, why do you wish me to burn in hell?" classic line!

Ever since I became non religious I look back at what i believed and and slap my self in the face. I mean to be Christian you have to be almost a man with no brain (or any religion for that matter). Its a cult thats all it is. Most people only refer to their Christian God when they are wanting something or when somebody's death is near. Yes they may go to church but they just go for the hell of it. Hell everyone else believes in God and does it so they do to. It's the thing to do. If everyone is passing the joint around wouldn't you take a hit as well? I hardly talk about Religion anymore because you can't tell someone who is brainwashed what you don't believe in because like this video they will tell you you are going to hell. Yet I ask how are my ways any worse than theres? I've never killed anyone, I get along with everybody, I haven't robbed a bank that I know of? Hmmmmm sounds like I'm a peaceful person. That's good enuff for me. If you want to believe in something so unlogical, full of judgment and uncertainty than there are thousands of good Religions to choose from I enjoy living life like a dog. Wake up, eat a little dog food, play a little bit, then go back to sleep not worrying about Who's serving the right denomination or being baptized the right way so they won't burn in eternal torment.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Watch the movie Religulous. I love that movie.

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    i love how every now and then i see things like this that completely solidify my views on religion, especially christianity.
    thanks for the post

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Most people only refer to their Christian God when they are wanting something or when somebody's death is near
    Very true man, very true. I still do it myself sometimes, waiting for a late goal for my team I say "please God let us win!" At the end of the day, it's just that I've been taught to do that all my life so it is a habit, I always realise I'm being an idiot though

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    For those who dont want to watch, this is the general gist of this:

Christian: Jesus is real, the bible has been proven to be divine.
    Atheists: Okay, give me an example.
    Christian: Ummmm, errrr

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I made it about 4 minutes into the video. I find it VERY frustrating when i hear "christians" go out of their way to let people know that "i'm right and youre wrong, and you are going to hell for it". I know i am one of the lone rangers when it comes to claiming to being a christian in the 10th planet community, but i feel its very unfortunate that it always seems to be the loud, arrogant, judgmental, ignorant christians who seem to be bringing the most attention to themselves. Though i am a christian.. i think that the Biblical version of a christian is MUCH different than the ones who seem to be claiming the title today. It reminds me a lot of how in the Muslim community, the only ones you seem to hear about are the ones who are blowing up buildings and killing people.. and giving the rest a bad name. I feel like now adays "christians" all seem to be about telling everyone they are going to hell, mainly because thats what they base their belief off of. The fear of going to hell when you die. Which to me makes God sound like some crazy sociopath. I believe being a christian isnt supposed to be about preparing for when you die, its supposed to be about your time spent here on earth. Doing the right thing, living by example, doing your part to make the world better. Not scaring people into think they are going to hell if they dont join your church and pay you so much money per week. And if we (christians) are supposed to live by the example set by the Jesus in the Bible, when did you ever see him going out and screaming at people or going out of his way to get into an argument over who's beliefs were right or wrong. He loved people, and when they would try to get arguments started about religion, he would be the one to dismiss it and express the importance of not arguing over such things. And that love is what ended up making him such a huge figure in the world. The reason you find him always surrounded with people. Not because he was judging everyone trying to prove his points. I think it would be great if every culture and religion could be open to hearing all the sides, even if they disagree, and focusing on progressing as a whole rather than diving up and turning people against each other because of differences in opinions. what happened to turning the other cheeck, give money to the poor, love your neighbor as yourself.. In fact, if christians want to live by the Bible, im pretty sure Jesus' words himself were "above all else, Love" but for some reason this seems to be lost in corruption and fear in the times we live in. unfortunate.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Sorry to hear that so many of you guys have had bad experiences with christians. It is extremely frustrating and heartbreaking to me that I am represented and subsequently judged based on the perceptions produced by people like the caller in that video. I do not feel that he is an accurate representation of my belief structure or my intellectual capabilities.

The church and the traditional understanding of the christian faith produce a great deal of frustration for me; they are far from perfect. But I can say without hesitation that almost every good decision I have made in my life has been made based on the things I was taught growing up in a christian home. It has been a tremendous source of joy and hope in my life, and although I often have doubts and I am far from perfect, I am extremely happy to be struggling through my intellectual journey. I wish everyone could have the experience I have had as a christian, and I wish everyone could be as happy and as blessed as I am.

I hope that one day through your dealings with me, you guys can at the very least come to believe that not every christian is a blathering idiot who can't defend his positions with intelligence or logic, despite the fact that you may disagree with the stated positions.

And I wish good things for all of you
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast