Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE

Broken Pinkie Toe. Need Help!!

hey all,

was down at 10th planet bear last night and took a great class from Kevin Green on various marcelo guillotoines options (love his stuff). About 20 secs into sparring my pinkie toe felt like it was on fire and when i looked down the toe was pointing in a completely different direction from the rest of my toes...lol. I popped it back into place but it burned like a motha and i had to sit out. Today it hurts to walk and the entire area is purple and bruised. Not sure if i broke it or dislocated it?

Anyone else ever had this injury?? If so how long were you out?? I assume just tape really well and maybe go back out next week?? In the 5 years ive been doing bjj ive never broken a bone..just not sure what to expect.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Not sure, but have you considered getting an x-ray and have Kevin take a look at it? Or maybe a qualified physician.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    That has happened to me several times...same pinky toe each time. Each time it was pointing in the wrong direction I was out for around two weeks before I could get back into the gym. And I couldn't throw kicks with that leg for a good two months. I have also done this to my big toe and that was much worse. Hurts worse and takes way longer to heal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    As far as I know there isn't a whole lot a Dr. can do for a broken pinkie toe, other than tell you its broken and give you pain pills.... that sucks.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Five Stones Fight Club
    i broke my big toe and was out for about a week and only did light stuff after that ice it! even if you go to the doctor they will just tell you ice and tape... there is not much else you can do about it... gl

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    Nope you can't do much about it. Best thing to do is put some gauze inbetween the toes and tape together. It will take about 6-8 weeks to heal if it was broke. A hard sole shoe is also recomended for the first couple weeks. Hope you feel better.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Thanks guys...i didnt go to the doc because i had heard all they can do is give me pain pills. The gauze idea is a good one. Ill just have to tape the shit out of it. ive heard once it happens once its a chronic injury and susceptible to re-injury...so i guess i better buy a shit load of tape and hope for the best. Looks like the next 2 weeks will be push ups, pull ups and situps.

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    Thanks guys...i didnt go to the doc because i had heard all they can do is give me pain pills. The gauze idea is a good one. Ill just have to tape the shit out of it. ive heard once it happens once its a chronic injury and susceptible to re-injury...so i guess i better buy a shit load of tape and hope for the best. Looks like the next 2 weeks will be push ups, pull ups and situps.
    No problem the gauze helps prevent maceration inbetween the toes and puts it in a position that is more natural.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I broke my big toe and there's not much you can do about it... Apart from waiting. Going to the doctor is a waste of time and money. I took 2 weeks off and went back to training with wrestling shoes for few weeks. It's been nearly a year now and it hurts time to time
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Im not 100 percent sure but i think you sprained it. Usually when you break it, you cant move it at all and idk if it bruises up. But ya go to your doctor and get an xray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast