Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

Big guy armbar trouble?

Any HW's have trouble with armbars? I love kneebars. I find them extremely easy to secure and finish. But with armbars, they slip out a bunch unless I'm using them from a triangle or mount. And when I get them from a mount, I don't fall back. I stay on top to avoid slippage. But from guard I'm losing it all day.

Any tips or suggestions on what I'm getting wrong? Or is it just body type?

Something to consider,I'm usually the biggest guy in the room except for one guy who rarely comes to no gi.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Toss to spider web and get on top first. If you can't finish you are still on top.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    I have more problems with getting in Rear Naked Chokes and Triangles because my limbs are so fat. (Embarrassing, I know.) I have been assured that there are ways I can deal with that.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Double crown control + shoulder trap. I never let them look up again.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Use a deep hook, squeeze your knees together, and leg curl. Most people extend their legs when squeezing their thighs together; this is a bad habit you must remove. With the deep hook make sure you clamp your elbow towards your belly in addition to reaching for the far hip. Leg curl with both legs but pay the most attention to the leg over the opponent's face as this is the most important one for controlling posture.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    thing is depending on how big he is, knowing from my personal own experience deep hook can be hard to get from mount. my arm bars have got drastically better. Once i have the arm trapped just go slow all your weight is on them only way they generally go is giving there back up to you. but going to the homie control i think its called helped a ton! basically leaning to one side to get the opposite leg in very deep so it makes it easier for the turn and that way you hips/body arent very high off ground and extremely tight to opponents shoulder so when you lean back there is an immediate tap.