Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank

George Sotiropoulos Next Fight BJ or Florian

Which do you think is a better fight for George?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/9/7/...reportedly-one

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I'm pretty sure it's Joe Lauzon
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Joe Lauzon
    Cant argue with that haha, but who is next for Kenny then?

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    That aussie is a rapist grapple fucking his opponents i love it

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    I don't think the UFC would put BJ in against George right now. It doesn't make sense, too much risk for BJ as George is right there as far as next in line for a shot at the title goes. I think they may match him against Florian. DFW pretty much called out Florian as suspect in big fights, and George has shown time and again recently that he RISES to the level of competition. Kenny is also pretty much the gauge for anyone wanting to go for the title. If you can't get past him, you don't deserve a shot (that's what it appears like, anyway).
    In any regard, I think that George matches up well with Florian. George has shown a strength of character and will that Kenny hasn't. When things are tough, George rises, Florian folds. I just don't think that Florian has what it takes to overcome adversity. Additionally, George's Jiu Jitsu is by far more well rounded. Florian's guard is not offensive or active and he has a difficult time with wrestlers. If he's not in top position, he isn't as effective (please don't bring up his TKO of Lauzon from bottom, that's a questionable situation). Obviously, George has one of the best, if not the best guard in MMA/UFC right now (I may be a bit biased).
    In summary, I can see George subbing Florian in a number of ways, and/or completely out-boxing him and busting him up for 3 rounds. I just don't see Florian improving as his camp and training is inconsistent. He thinks he's GSP and can do what he does. He's not and can't. I can't see him improving enough in a few months to fight George anyway.
    I see the UFC having BJ fight someone else, maybe a Clay Guida-similar in activity/conditioning as Edgar, if not in skill. It would be a good fight back for BJ.

I would put my money on BJ fighting Nate Diaz, Diaz said he would fight at lightweight or welter. He just want's a top 3 guy as his next opponent.

George and Lauzon would be sick! specially after Lauzon's last outting, he looked incredible. But George has the game to neutralize Lauzon's skill set.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    Nate should stay at welterweight George should fight Bj or Kenny as they have big names and a win over them would push him for a title shot let that rapist grapple fucking aussie loose.

Array

School
    Ronin student
    I don't think they'll give G-Sot a shot at BJ. I think it's too risky for either of them to fight because if BJ wins, it eliminates a contender. And if BJ loses, he is in a really bad position. I think George will get someone like Clay Guida, possibly Nate Diaz but I was assuming the winner of Evan Dunham/Sean Sherk. I don't think Joe Lauzon is far enough up the ladder after his recent loss to Sam Stout.

I am a HUGE BJ fan, so I can't believe I'm saying this, but a team is a team, right? Whoever it is...WAR GEORGE!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I agree with everyone else that a Soto/Penn fight wouldn't make sense because of the possibility of knocking of a contender. I would be stoked for a J-Lau fight. I think Soto steam rolls him.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast