Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    1. Spider kid ( maintain mount)
    2. Bulldozer (maintain top with rolling opponent)
    3. Shark bite ( upa escape)
    4. Crazy horse ( take and maintain back control)
    5. Giant ( double leg takedown)
    6. Crocodile ( side mount)
    7. Base battle ( maintain standing base)
    8. Snake bite ( upa while opponent chokes)
    9. Guard monster ( closed guard and posture control)
    10. Crazy legs ( pass guard to mount.
    11.Sock wrestling
    12.Ball steelers
    13. Unfreeze (or shrimp tiggy)
    14. Gumby ( rubberguard NY Chill dawg ect)
    15. Helicopter hussle ( Snap down from head to head, then sprawl and spin 360 degrees like a helicopter then switch or count how many spins without falling off) some of my kids are so good at it they remind me of Andre Galvao)

Here is a list of solo drills
    16. bear crawl - on hands and balls of the feet. ass in the air, crawl to the other side of the mat - for balance
    17. Scorpion - same as above but on one leg - balance but more difficult. Have them change legs at halfway mark
    18. crab crawl - hands and heels face up ass off the ground crawl backwards or fwds left then right - up to you
    19. samurai - from knees get them to single leg using no arms and walk down the mat like a samurai on your knees with the single leg technique one knee at a time
    20. Gorilla's - deep squat fists on the ground, rock your weight onto your fists or hands lifting and swinging your hips forward just like a frog jump but more of a pendulum movement.

Array

School
    In my mind
    Mr. Barca, could you help me on #15? The helicopter has me a little confused. Is it 360 with kid's chest on coaches back? Also, there's monkey bars. I'm on hands and knees while kids attack from the side. They grab gi and roll over my back to gain position.

Array

School
    Tony,
    imagine one kid gets snapped down into the turtle position from head to head ( you know when you start you high five and knuckle pound each other before you start right)? now the kid is in the turtle position, the other kid, is in the sprawl position with his chest on the other kids back right? and now uses his hands and feet to push himself into the 360 spin all the way round both directions before he can put the hooks in, over under, posiish.

Monkey bars ?? nice drill. I use a gymnastic drill that judo olympic teams use and the kids love it. Break falling is huge in my academy for safety as you can appreciate so check it out.

Array

School
    i am still trying to get the judo olympic drill for ya TG

Array

School
    In my mind
    Cool. That's what I was thinking the helicopter was but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the explanation and look forward to that judo drill too. Man, I'm so grateful for all the games and contributions.

Array

School
    Ur welcome

Array

School
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNJk_...layer_embedded
    Tony, here are some great examples to follow on the animal style drills

Array

School
    In my mind
    Yeah yeah yeah! Those are the shit sir. Perfect timing too, looks like everyone will be trying these out for all classes today :-)

Array

School
    Codella Academy/Team Renzo Gracie
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions.
    i found this thread via google search and have returned to it many times since, as a new subscription member of course!! Hoping this thread gets updated with more great ideas for kids' games & drills. I'll be sure to contribute as well! Again, many thanks!!
    l

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    You may wanna search the web for a torrent called 101 bjj games and drills. I downloaded two volumes off of demonoid a while back. There's a bunch on stuff in there! Some of the drills I would skip but take what u can use and leave what you won't.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234