School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Well put, Mr. Landry.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I tend to lean towards the thinking that Machida was a little rushed, and as a result, a little greedy. Now I have never negotiated a fight contract at the highest levels of the sport, but when you want a lot of money I would think you suggest that BEFORE you agree to the fight. Signing the contract an then demanding more money is about as classy as going to a Steven Segal movie on a first date.

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    "Signing the contract an then demanding more money is about as classy as going to a Steven Segal movie on a first date."

Ha ha ha, nice reference.

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    I dont believe he signed a contract ... a contract would have involved a pay rate .... he made a verbal agreement to take the fight and then wanted more money for the short notice and risk ... very different from having 6 months notice ... then smack talking your opponent... then demanding money .... Machida never said crap about his opponent and was short noticed ...I'm not a huge fan of Machida ... but i understand where he was coming from.... if Royler lost against Eddie ... would he be chancing getting another fight to continue his career ....
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12