Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno

Royler Gracie: How to Lose Fans and Alienate People

This article was posted on Bloody Elbow, detailing how Royler pulled out of the ADCC match. Thought some of you might enjoy it.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/24...die-bravo-adcc

Not sign to fight eddie barvo again cuz hes scared of getting twistered?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Its funny that he implies maybe machida got the idea from royler. Highly unlikely but humorous still. Good read. Very disappointing this match isn't happening
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Just a guess on my part but I still think when Royler and his team started studying the 10th Planet system they saw stuff that they thought would be too difficult to effectively prepare for in the space of just a few months training. Would not be suprised if in 2013 he would then be quite enthusiastic about rematch given he would have had 2 years to prepare and study the system.

Shame because I feel Royler has really damaged his reputation over this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Don't be scared Romie!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I didn't know there was no contracts to sign, just invites. Kinda makes royler look dumb for getting pissy that his money request got leaked
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Relson Gracie, Phoenix AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Its funny that he implies maybe machida got the idea from royler. Highly unlikely but humorous still. Good read. Very disappointing this match isn't happening
    My thoughts exactly. He might aswell have wrote that Kevin Bacon was acting as Machida's agent.

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    this is exactly why i feel renzo should get more respect and be considered formally a champion of his family, that guy will fight anyone he doesnt care about money and he takes the risk of losing his reputation where others dont

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Interesting read. And Royler definitely mishandled the whole thing from a PR perspective.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Machida didnt pull a Royler, he has come out and said that the reason he asked for that kind of money is he wouldnt have the time to get a proper camp together ... like 3 weeks or somethin. So if the UFC wants him to risk a loss on his record ... and he figured that the chances are higher with a shitty camp, then they should give him something to make it worth his while. An d lets face it in the UFC after a couple of losses you start to risk getting outed. I just think Machida was looking out for his lively hood. Royler was a pussy....
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast