Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I will take you to popeye's. Its like my second home...

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    If Popeye's is low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, quality carb food, count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    If Popeye's is low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, quality carb food, count me in!
    it is exactly the opposite of what you just described. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kendell "Has Legs" Madden View Post
    ironically... I Do.
    If i start to feel to grounded...it scares me and i feel like i gotta do/go somewhere else.
    some are like that, some are exact opposites.
    I'm exactly the same way. I lose my mind if I get comfortable with anything. Even with BJJ, whenever I do good, I go home feeling pissed and disappointed in myself for not using less energy or going slower or even trying new techniques that I suck at but if I get demolished at the gym, I feel refreshed and inspired haha

I've noticed that putting yourself out of your comfort zone, makes you grow immensely as a human being and I hate not progressing.

Array

School
    searching
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post

I've noticed that putting yourself out of your comfort zone, makes you grow immensely as a human being
    +1

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    Lets say you lived in a small city, had a decent steady job, had no debt , had no problems and had a good MMA gym with pro fighters to train at. Then all of a sudden you got a job promotion 3 hours away in the same city that has a tenth planet gym. So you love tenth planet, and you love a promotion but you are depressed that you have to leave your friends and your gym. What would a man do. Stay with the steady job in the small town you have lived at for 24 years with a good MMA gym , or take a big risk pack up, move 3 hours away and train at a tenth planet with a new job not knowing anyone. I've accepted the job and am excited sometimes but when it comes to saying goodbye to everyone i do get a bit depressed that has to be understandable. I have had changes in the past where i had to say goodbye to stuff i guess it will be okay. It is a big change but i was reading Marcello's book and he often moved to diff training centers. But then i ask is Jiu Jitsu this important? Some people get great and some just don't. Ahhhhhh i guess I'll find out.
    Try something new. But um...how big is your city if you can be 3 hours away and still in the same city? Or did you mean 3 hours away in a city that has a 10thP?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Its 3 fucking hours away you momo, suck it up, you can drive and see your friends and training partners on the weekends.
    This is also a good point.

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    I'm exactly the same way. I lose my mind if I get comfortable with anything. Even with BJJ, whenever I do good, I go home feeling pissed and disappointed in myself for not using less energy or going slower or even trying new techniques that I suck at but if I get demolished at the gym, I feel refreshed and inspired haha

I've noticed that putting yourself out of your comfort zone, makes you grow immensely as a human being and I hate not progressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bunten View Post
    +1
    +2

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK BARCA View Post
    There's a guy I know in Melbourne Australia who flies 10,000 miles twice per year to train with Eddie Bravo. 3 hours drive is a luxury man. He has no coach, no nothing, just his boys keeping it real every day liven the dream. I think you will be just fine dude.
    Fuck yeah. Well said.

[QUOTE=David Rosado;78347]Try something new. But um...how big is your city if you can be 3 hours away and still in the same city? Or did you mean 3 hours away in a city that has a 10thP?

my town is small and the town with a tenth planet is not that big either. 3 hours in between.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/New Orleans
    Alright Don, I know where you are coming from. I'll give you a little bit about myself. I'm 22 years old, I'm from a small city in MI, small hick town farming community. When I was 18 years old I up and left everything I knew after I graduated and moved to the big city of New Orleans. I lived there for about 6 months, then moved backed home because I was young and moved 20 hours away from everything I knew and loved. Fast forward 2 years, its December 2009, I'm a 20 year old kid who just got kicked out of college and kicked out of my house. I had only one option and that was to move back down to New Orleans to live with my brother. Now I tell you this because in the December 2011 it will be 2 years that I have lived here and in that two years I've here I'm finally back on the track I would of been in when I lived here when I was 18. Judging from your profile pic your a pretty young dude, and you just got a promotion in a job, mind you in a suffering economy, that's means your doing something right. What I have learned is you cant take anything from granted, by the sounds of you have been given a great opportunity and you need to run with it. The way I look at your only 3 hours away from home. You can visit at any time you please. Also your moving is allowing you to keep doing what you love by having a 10th planet in the city your moving too and that my friend is great. As far as jiu jitsu goes man, you just got to stay at it and show it the love it shows each and every one of us. Don't worry about being the best, worry about being the best you can be, and it will all come to you. Take the job, move, and train jiu jitsu. Life is all about the experience, you don't want to look back 10 years from now, saying I should of went and took that promotion and not passed it up. It's all better to say at least you tried it, then just passing it up. Just my two cents, hope it helps out! Good look man.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast