Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Anyone ever made a big change in their life? Advice?

Lets say you lived in a small city, had a decent steady job, had no debt , had no problems and had a good MMA gym with pro fighters to train at. Then all of a sudden you got a job promotion 3 hours away in the same city that has a tenth planet gym. So you love tenth planet, and you love a promotion but you are depressed that you have to leave your friends and your gym. What would a man do. Stay with the steady job in the small town you have lived at for 24 years with a good MMA gym , or take a big risk pack up, move 3 hours away and train at a tenth planet with a new job not knowing anyone. I've accepted the job and am excited sometimes but when it comes to saying goodbye to everyone i do get a bit depressed that has to be understandable. I have had changes in the past where i had to say goodbye to stuff i guess it will be okay. It is a big change but i was reading Marcello's book and he often moved to diff training centers. But then i ask is Jiu Jitsu this important? Some people get great and some just don't. Ahhhhhh i guess I'll find out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Its 3 fucking hours away you momo, suck it up, you can drive and see your friends and training partners on the weekends.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Move to Phoenix. Imma be there soon.

K Madden

my advice- Go. try something new. I have moved all over the planet and can tell you it sucks to start out. knowing no one is HARD man. very hard. youll be there, think of all your friends and family and want to go back.
    the best thing ive learned is to get out there and try and meet new people.
    once you meet a few people that are like you...the world opens up.
    as lame as it sounds, join a kickball/softball team...or keep up with the Jitz. branching out is a hard thing to do, but once you do, you'll never look back again.

you have to experience more to understand more.
    if you never got on the mat, would you be less of a person? no. but from the sounds of it...youre damn sure glad you did.

meetup.com is a kinda cool way to try new things and meet new people.
    good luck man

Phoenix?

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Its 3 fucking hours away you momo, suck it up, you can drive and see your friends and training partners on the weekends.
    Well put

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Lol. Ive felt that before, course I didnt have a job or a moon waitin for me either. Seems like a pretty sweet gig to me brah. Have fun and congrats. Where? I feel you should never get to rooted anywhere till you feel established. Because the way I see it is if everything goes right, I would have to move anyway in order expand with, or not take jobs/business away from my friends.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I'd move just because of the moon. Based on the 3 hours thing I'm thinking you are talking about St. Louis. If you are, I know at least one of those guys are cool as shit.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    Leaving your comfort zone is what life is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by The kza View Post
    Leaving your comfort zone is what life is all about.
    So when you get comfortable with something you should leave it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast